Murmur (Mumble server) container

Since nativedude created a "competing" container instead of contributing to mine, I've just deleted mine. Use his instead. Or use Discord. That's what I'm using now.

I've put together a Murmur container. Murmur is the server component of the Mumble voice-over-ip program.

https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/coppit/mumble-server/

In the coming days I'll clean it up and put it into a template repository to make it easier for unRAID folks to use it.

Edited by coppit
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your work.

I had a few questions. for some reason I'm getting "Connection Refused". Which makes me want to assume the ports are off. Even when connecting to a server on the local network. Any advice? 10.0.0.*** 64738 is what its saying. Do I have to change anything in the config file?

Thanks, Kenny.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

How exactly are you trying to use the image? By clicking "add" under community applications? And you're using mine and not nativedude's?

Both the community applications and your repository along with nativedude's repository. It even does it on a docker I had installed and tried to reinstall it the same way with the same config. I restarted docker and then restarted the server with no luck. This started about a day or two ago if I had to guess as I was able to install dockers just fine up until now.

How exactly are you trying to use the image? By clicking "add" under community applications? And you're using mine and not nativedude's?

Both the community applications and your repository along with nativedude's repository. It even does it on a docker I had installed and tried to reinstall it the same way with the same config. I restarted docker and then restarted the server with no luck. This started about a day or two ago if I had to guess as I was able to install dockers just fine up until now.

Try maybe setting static DNS addresses under network settings (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 will work) and reboot to ensure they take effect and try it again.  If your ISP is anything like mine, their DNS servers suck.

Try maybe setting static DNS addresses under network settings (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 will work) and reboot to ensure they take effect and try it again.

Already use those static DNS's. Anything else I could try?

Try maybe setting static DNS addresses under network settings (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 will work) and reboot to ensure they take effect and try it again.

Already use those static DNS's. Anything else I could try?

The only other thing I can think of is another guy here had a similar problem with plugins, and the solution was to ultimately delete his /boot/config/network.cfg / reboot / reset the settings

Or your docker.img file is full and/or corrupted

None of those worked. I first made a new image and tried the above methods. I then deleted my network.cfg file and did a reboot and resetup a static ip and dns to 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4., 4.2.2.4 and still didn't have any luck.

Here is the code I am seeing:

root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker run -d --name="MumbleServer" --net="bridge" -e TZ="America/New_York" -p 64738:64738/tcp -p 64738:64738/udp -v "/mnt/cache/Docker/":"/data":rw coppit/mumble-server
Unable to find image 'coppit/mumble-server:latest' locally
Pulling repository coppit/mumble-server
Get https://index.docker.io/v1/repositories/coppit/mumble-server/images: x509: failed to load system roots and no roots provided

By the way, is it fine if I issue a reboot from a telnet session while the array's running? I was under the assumption it stops everything gracefully before rebooting similar to windows shutting down however I am starting to think it's more of a hard reboot at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Also I am sorry for the ignorance but there is /data in the container volume field. Do I need to populate the Host path with a location.

Any folder?

Cache?

It needs to be mapped to the location the Mumble container will store it's data.  Same as any other docker (but usually called /config in other dockers).

For example /mnt/cache/appdata/mumble.