Strange Share Behavior (using cache when its set to no)

wickedathletes

So I have my TV Series share setup to the following:

Include: all

Exclude: none

Use cache disk: no

For some reason my shows a week or so ago started to use the cache drive. I noticed this when I was close to running out of space (well not really but originally my share was excluding a disk by accident). Now that there is plenty of space on my disks 1-5 it is still happening. Sonarr is handling the process. Originally i thought maybe it was that issue so I moved everything off the cache, made sure the drive was green (no cache) from yellow and let it be. It is still happening though even though I have plenty of disk space now and the new disk is being used.

Any thoughts? I don't think its Sonarr as Sonarr wouldn't know to make the share etc etc which it does on first file copy to the cache drive.

I had the opposite happen to me a few weeks back for some reason, never really figured out why it happened. My cache only share started writing to my array drives. It continued to happen even though the share was set to cache only until I went to each drive and deleted the folders on them that were on the cache drive.

Did you make sure to delete the folders on the cache drive?

I had the opposite happen to me a few weeks back for some reason, never really figured out why it happened. My cache only share started writing to my array drives. It continued to happen even though the share was set to cache only until I went to each drive and deleted the folders on them that were on the cache drive.

Did you make sure to delete the folders on the cache drive?

Ya, both cleanups I made sure it was gone completely, although I didn't reboot the server, maybe i should have?

Are you sure some app isn't misconfigured to write directly to the cache drive?

I am actually thinking it might be a logic bug of some sorts on unRAID. I have 5 disks (with the 5th being recently added). I was able to fix the issue only when I moved space off of my full disk 1 and put it on disk 2. It seemed like it was only trying to put a show on disk 1 which had about 100MB free and when it failed it would just make a new share on the cache and dump it there.

Any thoughts on if that could be the case?

Are you sure some app isn't misconfigured to write directly to the cache drive?

I am actually thinking it might be a logic bug of some sorts on unRAID. I have 5 disks (with the 5th being recently added). I was able to fix the issue only when I moved space off of my full disk 1 and put it on disk 2. It seemed like it was only trying to put a show on disk 1 which had about 100MB free and when it failed it would just make a new share on the cache and dump it there.

Any thoughts on if that could be the case?

looks like i jumped the gun, it came back despite having available disk space on disk 1-5.

I'm having an issue where i can't set a share to not use the cache drive. I decided to disable the cache drive for all my shares and it went fine except for my movie and kids movie shares, they still happily right to the cache drive.  i have checked the app which writes to this share (CouchPotato) and destination is definitely set it mnt/user/Movies

I'm having an issue where i can't set a share to not use the cache drive. I decided to disable the cache drive for all my shares and it went fine except for my movie and kids movie shares, they still happily right to the cache drive.  i have checked the app which writes to this share (CouchPotato) and destination is definitely set it mnt/user/Movies

Stop the app and try running mover to see if these folders get moved off cache to the array. Maybe after these folders are no longer on cache it will stop writing to cache.

Have tried all the basic stuff like that. Run mover, made sure there is no folder remaining on cache. Toggled setting various ways, start and stopped the array.  Only thing I've not tried is a reboot yet

How about your flash? If it is corrupt and been set to read-only, then any changes you make in the webGUI will not stick.

How are you running couchpotato? PhAzE plugin, docker?

Post the results of

v /mnt/user

and

v /mnt/user0

user:

total 62
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users    48 Mar 13 12:38 Backup/
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users   170 Mar 13 10:45 Linux\ Tips.txt
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  6592 May 18 10:15 Movies/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 28672 May 14 11:25 Music/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   128 Apr 15 09:30 Other/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  3176 May 17 02:19 Pictures/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users    48 May 13 09:42 System\ Volume\ Information/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   904 May 18 11:36 TV\ Series/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   142 Apr 30 09:21 apps/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users    20 Apr 29 22:10 docker/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users    86 May 18 11:36 downloads/

user0:

total 58
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users    48 Mar 13 12:38 Backup/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  6592 May 18 10:15 Movies/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 28672 May 14 11:25 Music/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   128 Apr 15 09:30 Other/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  3176 May 17 02:19 Pictures/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users    48 May 13 09:42 System\ Volume\ Information/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   904 May 18 11:36 TV\ Series/

Keep in mind, these results are with the cache share currently cleaned out and removed again.

Your OP said TV Shows. These say TV Series. What is the exact name of the share you are talking about?

Your OP also said

I don't think its Sonarr as Sonarr wouldn't know to make the share etc etc which it does on first file copy to the cache drive.
All Sonarr would have to do is write to the folder to make the share so I'm not sure what exactly you mean here as I don't use Sonarr.

Your OP said TV Shows. These say TV Series. What is the exact name of the share you are talking about?

Your OP also said

I don't think its Sonarr as Sonarr wouldn't know to make the share etc etc which it does on first file copy to the cache drive.
All Sonarr would have to do is write to the folder to make the share so I'm not sure what exactly you mean here as I don't use Sonarr.

Sorry, yes it is TV Series., I will update the OP as well after this.

The way Sonarr works is it grabs the files from NZBGet/SAB and renames them and places them in each individual show location. So, what Sonarr knows is to cut/paste the file into the show location for example:

/mnt/cache/downloads/complete/tv/12 Monkeys - sXXeXX.mkv move to the show location which is /mnt/user/TV Series/12 Monkeys/Season XX/12 Monkeys - sXXeXX.mkv.

The reason I made that general assumption is that if the share doesn't exist on the cache drive and it is set to not use the cache drive, why would a program just doing a cut/paste to a share already made know to create a "new location" for that share on the cache drive. I guess its possible but it doesn't make sense to me. Also, it was working fine until b14/15. That said, CouchPotato isn't doing it so maybe it somehow is Sonarr?

Your OP also said

Sorry, yes it is TV Series., I will update the OP as well after this.

The way Sonarr works is it grabs the files from NZBGet/SAB and renames them and places them in each individual show location. So, what Sonarr knows is to cut/paste the file into the show location for example:

/mnt/cache/downloads/complete/tv/12 Monkeys - sXXeXX.mkv move to the show location which is /mnt/user/TV Series/12 Monkeys/Season XX/12 Monkeys - sXXeXX.mkv.

The reason I made that general assumption is that if the share doesn't exist on the cache drive and it is set to not use the cache drive, why would a program just doing a cut/paste to a share already made know to create a "new location" for that share on the cache drive. I guess its possible but it doesn't make sense to me. Also, it was working fine until b14/15. That said, CouchPotato isn't doing it so maybe it somehow is Sonarr?

If it were set to move it to /mnt/cache/TV Series then that would make the share on cache, but that is not the way you say it is set.

Archived