Streams? Am I seeing a ghost?

opentoe

I have all my VM's off. All dockers off. I turned off ALL computers off in the house. Including ipads, phones, tablets. Turned off WI-FI. The only thing on right now is my work laptop. I think this could be my slow speed issue. I happen to see my hard drive lights flicker a little bit so I was wondering what was doing that. So I checked out my unraid stuff and ended up checking out the "active streams" plugin. I took a screen shot of it. What the heck? I don't even have that IP address on my network. And whatever computer I turn on and access the active streams it shows the same thing. Any ideas? There's no PLEX, there's no Sonarr, everything is off and powered down except my unraid box.

streams.jpg

Check your router's dhcp log to see if it handed out that address to something. Does that address respond to pings? Unplug your internet connection and see if the traffic is local only, or forwarded outside. Since you said you disabled WIFI, start unplugging lit cables from your switch and see which cable is responsible. Maybe this happened?

Amazing! First time in my life I have ever been hacked and I have no idea how. The MAC address was an Apple device, and that's all I know. They were coming into my WI-FI somehow too. I haven't changed my password or anything yet but what confuses me is I never saw the client in my routers client list. Too tired and hungry to research right now, buy maybe tomorrow after work. If this user is on the Comcast system I'll be able to figure out who it is. Can't say how. Crazy stuff!

Time to install pfsense as a VM!

Ghost is back. Turned both my wi-fi antenna's off. Still have all computers off in the house. Including ipads, tablets, TV's, anything. And I'm still seeing a shit load of active streams. I have no idea where they are coming from either, or I should say I have no idea where they are going!

The only thing I can think of is one of the plugins had a trojan built in to suck files off machines. I'm going to remove them all one by one and see what happens.

Streams just pop on when they feel like it and then pop off again. And everything is going out of my WAN port. This is driving me nuts.

Ghost may be the Crashplan docker. I even shut that baby down and it still had many open live connections to the Crashplan online service moving data. Soon as I completely removed the docker itself, all the weird issues I have been having with streaming hundreds of files at once and all that, went away. I'll try to take screen shots. Since my router has a built in traffic monitor I can kind of see what's going on. So I basically had to re-start my Crashplan backup because when I tried to "adopt" it, it would just freeze and not connect to the engine. After the Crashplan finishes the upload I'll perform some tests.

Archived