this subforum is too crowded

ironicbadger

The question is now.... how do we inform users about squids plugin. They shouldnt have to be forum ninjas to know what exists.

Links to it are plastered all over the OP in the templates thread.

**Secretly hoping LT brings it into the default UI like they did with Dockerman and VM-Manager.  Both were community additions to the community built WebGUI (god I love this community)**

Fame, fortune, and women?

The question is now.... how do we inform users about squids plugin. They shouldnt have to be forum ninjas to know what exists.

**Secretly hoping LT brings it into the default UI like they did with Dockerman and VM-Manager.  Both were community additions to the community built WebGUI (god I love this community)**

i'm more into a pint and some peace and quiet these days...

I'll add that to my list.

A pint and a few dozen 6TB Reds?

A pint and a few dozen 6TB Reds?

K.  That's fortune.  Now we just gotta work on fame and women.  [emoji12]

And there are several recommendations and links to it in the Upgrading to v6 guide.

I dont think the issue is too little information in fact it is the exact opposite.

For a user who is consuming the product features only and has little to no clue or interest about the technology all of this is overwhelming.

I dont think the issue is too little information in fact it is the exact opposite.

For a user who is consuming the product features only and has little to no clue or interest about the technology all of this is overwhelming.

Yes I agree. I am a little surprised that v6 didn't include more documentation or community reorganisation. I'm glad that v6 final is out but the code is half the product.

To be fair we know that all this is in the works. We are just premature.

So I suppose we are just looking for a little change now so that all these new v6 users who never joined the beta programme will have a nicer time. Long term we can get ths done right.

Maybe it's time to pull Docker out of the Virtualization section and give it its own section.  Not sure what I'd suggest after that, but it seems to me that with some planning you can organize all these threads in such a way to make the most sense to users.  Perhaps:

Docker

- Repos (with their respective support threads)

- General Support

- Developers/Repo Maintainers

- Requests

Archived