Moving from reiserfs to btrfs

Looking for the easiest way to move drives from reiserfs to btrfs.

I have a 3 TB, 2x 2TB, a 1.5TB & a 1TB drive.

I have already moved the 1TB drive over, but I haven't done the other 4 because they have data on the drives.

Can I/or should I just format one drive at a time?

Or is there a way to move the data from one drive to another that I have already formatted? (which might be hard considering that I only have the 1tb drive free)

No magical means of easily converting.

When many of us converted from RFS to XFS (not BTRFS due to the numerous reported issues with it), we had to do it one drive at a time. The easiest way is if you have a new drive to add that as the filesystem you want, migrate your data to that new drive, validate your data is fine on the new drive, then format the old drive over to new filesystem and repeat the process again.

When many of us converted from RFS to XFS (not BTRFS due to the numerous reported issues with it), we had to do it one drive at a time. The easiest way is if you have a new drive to add that as the filesystem you want, migrate your data to that new drive, validate your data is fine on the new drive, then format the old drive over to new filesystem and repeat the process again.

So should I have done XFS instead then?

So should I have done XFS instead then?

Your call. No matter which you decide, you should make sure your backups are up to date. Backups are always important, but especially important when you are doing major changes. That way if something goes sideways and you need to get back to where you were, it's not a huge stress event, you just copy back from your backups.

I have a pretty serious problem with XFS having migrated both my towers, mostly populated with 6TB disks.

A lot of my writes were deleting large media files and replacing them with even larger media files (of higher quality).  The problem with ReiserFS was everything would often hang for a minute and 100's if not 1000's of reads would be made from the array before the write would commence, or even fail first time.

Having migrated to XFS, the problem I am experiencing now, is that it is instant, and I no longer have time to go and make a coffee.