Sonarr renamed files on cache issue

wedge22

I am using Sonarr and sab  to grab TV and the files are downloaded to cache drive folder then renamed using Sonarr. This is when it gets odd as renamed files are moved to A media folder on my cache drive and not my media share. Any help is appreciated.

I assume you mean a folder called 'media' on the cache drive?  As long as the media share is set to use the cache drive then this is what you want and the files will show up in the media share.  Since the rename leaves the file on the same drive it is very fast.  The files will get moved to the main array when mover runs. 

My Media share is set to not use the cache drive hence my confusion.

If that is the case then I expect that there is something mis-configured in sonar for it to be creating that folder on the cache drive.

Perhaps an easy solution is to simply enable use of the cache drive for that share.  Is there any specific reason it is currently set to not use the cache drive?

I do not use Sonarr myself, but I would guess there is some error in the location you have specified to sonar for renamed files.

This is my main issue, I see no way to select which folder I would like the renamed files moved too within Sonarr, so they are just ending up on the cache under a new folder named Media which I did not create.

You need to do a few things to rectify.

1. Ensure the share is set to cache: no.

2. Invoke mover manually (from the webGUI) to move the files to the array.

3. remove the media folder from your cache drive.

4. investigate your sonarr settings. Sonarr stores the path in the config for each series.

5. investigate your docker config for sonarr. If you have it set to /media --> /mnt/cache/media then that's your issue, change it to /media --> /mnt/user/media

1. Ensure the share is set to cache: no.

It is set to NO

2. Invoke mover manually (from the webGUI) to move the files to the array.

Did this nothing moved off the cache

3. remove the media folder from your cache drive.

I tried using Midnight Commander but it says the drive is Read only and will not allow me to delete it. I had to move all the files individually using MC to the disks themselves, I tried to use RenMov but had the same Read only issue.

4. investigate your sonarr settings. Sonarr stores the path in the config for each series.

These settings all appear to be correct and did work prior to this issue.

5. investigate your docker config for sonarr. If you have it set to /media --> /mnt/cache/media then that's your issue, change it to /media --> /mnt/user/media

This is setup to /mnt/user/Media/TV Shows/

I am thinking that there may be an issue with my cache drive as this Media folder is Read only and therefore mover is not working and cannot move the files as it should. Could the drive be corrupted somehow? I tried to attach the diagnostics file but it is too large for the Attachment option.

I ran the following on all of my drives and only the SSD cache drive had any issues.

# smartctl -H /dev/sdb

smartctl 6.2 2013-07-26 r3841 [x86_64-linux-4.1.5-unRAID] (local build)

Copyright © 2002-13, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===

Log Sense failed, IE page [scsi response fails sanity test]

UPDATE

I rebooted the system and had some further issues and had to reboot again to get it up and running.

I was able to delete the folder cache/Media using Windows Explorer but not via Putty. I then let Sonarr find a new episode and download via Sab, when it came to renaming the new file ended up in a newly created cache/Media folder which I guess would be fine if mover worked. I invoked mover manually and checked the sys log.

Sep 21 23:59:14 Wedge_Server logger: mover started

Sep 21 23:59:14 Wedge_Server logger: skipping "Media"

Sep 21 23:59:14 Wedge_Server logger: skipping "appdata"

Sep 21 23:59:14 Wedge_Server logger: skipping "vDisks"

Sep 21 23:59:14 Wedge_Server logger: mover finished

Not sure why it is skipping this folder.

I was able to delete the folder cache/Media using Windows Explorer but not via Putty. I then let Sonarr find a new episode and download via Sab, when it came to renaming the new file ended up in a newly created cache/Media folder which I guess would be fine if mover worked. I invoked mover manually and checked the sys log.

Sep 21 23:59:14 Wedge_Server logger: mover started

Sep 21 23:59:14 Wedge_Server logger: skipping "Media"

Sep 21 23:59:14 Wedge_Server logger: skipping "appdata"

Sep 21 23:59:14 Wedge_Server logger: skipping "vDisks"

Sep 21 23:59:14 Wedge_Server logger: mover finished

Not sure why it is skipping this folder.

You said you had set the Media folder to Cache: NO - which instructs mover to skip this folder.  In earlier releases it might have worked because at that time mover was not actually checking that setting  - merely looking to see if the target existed on the data disks.
  • 1 month later...

I would like to update this thread to say that I still have no idea why Sonarr renames files and then creates a new Media folder on my Cache drive when it is set to NO. I have been manually moving all the renamed files using Putty and MC, I have to copy them from the cache drive to the relevant HDD, if I try to renmove I am denied as I cannot remove files from the Cache drive. Once the files are copied I then delete the Media folder on the cache drive, as soon as a new episode of any TV show is downloaded then the Media folder is recreated on the Cache drive and the whole thing starts again.  >:(

• 2 weeks later...

I think you should adjust your settings to you're not mapping

/mnt/user to /mnt/user.

Also you're effectively duplicating the mappings for /Downloads and /mnt/user.

Set it up like the other mappings, keeping it simple.

/Downloads >> /mnt/user/appdata/sabnzbd/Downloads

Then your folders in Sab can be /Downloads/incomplete and /Downloads/complete

Folder in Sonarr Drone /Downloads/complete/tv