Email notification setup

Ryan2207

Hello All

I'm looking to setup email notifications for alerts and hopefully have my log files sent to me as well i've tried to set it up using both my hotmail account and gmail but have had no success it asks for a sending email and a receiving one to which ive entered the same email address does anyone know how to set it up properly... or is there a docker app that will do the same function ?

Hello All

I'm looking to setup email notifications for alerts and hopefully have my log files sent to me as well i've tried to set it up using both my hotmail account and gmail but have had no success it asks for a sending email and a receiving one to which ive entered the same email address does anyone know how to set it up properly... or is there a docker app that will do the same function ?

Well I just set it up with Gmail and it works for me....

One thought I had, look here and scroll down to Step 6.  I wonder whether that might be your issue with Gmail

Can anybody simply post up their settings for Gmail? I've tried several times and honestly i can't get it to work either.

I did see this in my email today thou.

Hi kizer,

Someone just tried to sign in to your Google Account from an app that doesn't meet modern security standards.

Details:

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 7:40 AM (Pacific Standard Time)

Washington, USA*

We strongly recommend that you use a secure app, like Gmail, to access your account. All apps made by Google meet these security standards. Using a less secure app, on the other hand, could leave your account vulnerable. Learn more.

Google stopped this sign-in attempt, but you should review your recently used devices:

However I can't see in my account anywhere to authorize unRAID.

Found the culprit. I had to change a setting allowing less secure access to my account. While logged into your Gmail account use this link.

https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

I'm going to personally setup a unRAID email account that forwards to my primary account and use it for notifications.

I said that....  ;)

One thought I had, look here and scroll down to Step 6.  I wonder whether that might be your issue with Gmail

@CHBMB,

Yes I was agreeing with what you said. lol

Some how I just messed it until I re-read what you said a few times. Just from what that article said it didn't tell you how to lower security, which was a hint, but annoying because I had to search around for the link.

However none the less I'm good to go just hope the OP comes back and sees all this.

Archived