SFV checker

I have created a bash script which uses lftp to download files from a remote FTP server. 

As lftp is available in unraid, I would like to use it to automatically download, check sfv, and extract files.

Can anyone point to how I can get something like cfv, cksfv, etc on unraid?  Is it as simple as getting a binary for a specific linux distribution, or something more complicated?

Thanks

It would be far easier and better to be decoupled from the unRAID host OS, so I'm suggesting you look into Docker and how to create your own Docker container. From there you can use a well established distribution as a base, such as Debian or Ubuntu. That will make things far simpler and less troublesome to keep running regardless of changes LimeTech opt to do on the next unRAID versions.

It was much easier to just install Python and cfv but thanks anyway :)

A main reason why unRAID introduced Dockers is isolation. In the past people installed different and often conflicting versions of slackware packages resulting in unexpected or broken behaviour.

Python is one such an example, and the last people want is going back to the old situation, hence the recommendation to convert your apps to Dockers.

If you don't intend to publish your apps and have them for own purposes only, you can decide what fits best for you of course, but going the recommended way does have advantages.