Not seeing all of my drives

Blindsay

Good afternoon,

Interested in switching over to unRAID (both for my NAS and virtualization) so i booted it up to check it out to make sure there were no issues and I noticed unRAID is not seeing all of my drives (they are not even available on the dropdown when creating an array. I have a total of 4 SATA SSD's in there (and 1 PCIE which i think is going to be an issue of its own) and i can see both of my Samsung SSD's but neither of my SanDisk SSD's (1 is brand new and 1 was being used in the previous system)

Motherboard is the Asus Z9PE-D8 WS and i am using the onboard SATA ports (which if i am not mistaken are provided by a few different controllers so i am wondering if unRAID doesnt like one of the controllers?)

Any thoughts to get me pointed in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!

after moving the drives around a bit it looks like it doesnt like

Marvell® PCIe 9230 controller

this is what my board has

Intel® C602 chipset :

2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), blue

8 x SATA 3Gb/s port(s), black

Marvell® PCIe 9230 controller :

4 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray

Problem is i plan on having 4 SSD's in the cache pool so i need the ports from the marvell controller.

my guess is unRAID doesnt have the drivers for that controller? any way for me to add them?

I see, the file it references syslinux.con is that something i could just open up off the flash drive on a windows machine and edit in a text editor?

syslinux.cfg on your flash\syslinux folder, you can use notepad.

You can actually edit this file in the webUI at Main - Boot Device - Flash - Syslinux Configuration

Archived