you need permission to perform this action on file copy

the dude

ok not sure what's going on as I have gotten this on a  5. build and figured a upgrade to the 6. build would get rid of it. So bought a case and did a totally new install.

Here's what happens if I reboot server I can drag/copy one time files to the shares if I try another i get the need permission to perform

this action pop up (win 7) i have shares set to the default, public so any thoughts ????

ok not sure what's going on as I have gotten this on a  5. build and figured a upgrade to the 6. build would get rid of it. So bought a case and did a totally new install.

Here's what happens if I reboot server I can drag/copy one time files to the shares if I try another i get the need permission to perform

this action pop up (win 7) i have shares set to the default, public so any thoughts ????

permissions aren't probably correct.  Run tools - new perms

will try it, did nothing in 5. build (used telnet as it was a no work from menu and did not fix it I can copy straight to disk but no shares on that build) just is odd as I used all default settings

when rolling with 6.1.7 is this a bug or what ??? I have now 3 servers and 5 computers hooked up could that be a problem but my way

old school server 4. has no issues. Humm

I can't think of any possible way that it could be unRAID's fault, even if miss-configured (but I could be wrong!).  And I don't think I have ever heard of anyone else having that problem.  I really don't know, but it seems like a Windows networking or credential issue.  Does the first copy actually work (that is, does the file truly end up on the server in the desired share)?

I looked at my credentials and there is no server listed on them tower or otherwise, just pcs that are attached to it, ie I am thinking the home group. As of now I can not get any of the shares to copy files, I can copy to disk on 2 and 3 direct to the disk. The shares have never popped up in them.  Yes the old server is 4. group.

still need to fix this otherwise I will not use shares and just copy to disk, my question is if this is a windows 7  credentials issue how do i fix it, do I add the server ie tower2 pw root??? or something else. Like I said in the credentials all it has is my other computers that are connected  on the network and not any of the servers. I am about ready to blow up two servers and try again, but that has not worked  with the new server install, should I just not set any shares as they can't be copied to in windows and just roll with copying to disk???

Seems sad not being able to use the shares.  :'(