SATA Card Support?

Hey Folks,

I am looking to pickup this SATA card: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00L2X6DE6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2IH7J5120XGTG&coliid=IRHKZVZH32KX9

Is there a resource I can check to see if it will work with unRAID without issue or should I just give it a shot? The reason I am looking at this card is my new systems motherboard only has 4 SATA connection's my current requirements mean I need 6.

Thanks in advance!

Scroll about half way down this page: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Hardware_Compatibility

I have two of the addonics cards suggested and have had some corruption that while i cannot prove it was the controller cards they are a big suspect in my mind.

If I had to do it all again I would have spent more on a controller card, picking from the list in the url above but not going for the cheapest one on the list.  just sharing my experience.

Oh and always have an offsite backup of your important stuff... it saved me in the above scenario.

cheers

More importantly, it's only PCI, so you are limited to a total bandwidth of around 120 - 130 MBytes/second shared between all of the drives connected to the card, assuming that nothing else is also using the PCI bus.  I have used SIL3114 based cards in the past but that was in the days of unRAID 4.7 I think.  I had no particular issues apart from the speed limitations.

In general it's the chipset that's important, not the brand or maker.  However, there have been reports that cheap knockoffs, using a known and respected chipset, could have conflicts.  Better to stay with known brands, or find good reviews of the off-brand.  (or make sure there's a good return policy!)