Windows Update on Win7 vm

Thanks guys. Been running overnight and still waiting emoji20.png

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Doesn't sound good.  I just downloaded and installed 16 windows updates last night on a VM.  I just restarted the VM to apply the updates as of 9am my time and started it last night at 10pm my time.  It is possible your updates are taking longer but if you are still at 0% then something is wrong.  You might contact Microsoft since you said you can connect to the internet from the VM and other machines on your network.

I have had exactly the same issues before, certainly on a VM and I am pretty sure baremetal also.

I setup a W7 baremetal machine last night and got bored of waiting a few hours for updates to be found.  I had success with the following tip from 'oldsh_t' on the mydigitallife forums:

On a clean install I:
>manually install IE11 and the updates needed for it
>manually install KB3102810 (which is to speed up windows update)
>then install 50 updates at a time from the list offered to me by M$ using windows update.

I didn't actually bother with the 3rd step, manual IE11 install and the KB update detected all the expected updates.  All installed successfully after that.

I am making a note to try this next time I install a W7 VM.

Hopefully it may help you.

Cheers

Ian