Anyone got Idrive working on Unraid ?

On 4/6/2024 at 11:52 PM, jason701802 said:

I'm not able to get my system to show up on the web dashboard. I've tired both taverty/idrive and renofischa/idrive/. The dashboard service says it's running and if I configure a backup directory with edit_supported_files.pl, the backup starts running, but it doesn't show up in the web dashboard. Are there any other steps or tricks to getting the dashboard to work? Do I need to update to a 3.x version? I haven't found any docker images built for the 3.x version.

Have you tried https://hub.docker.com/r/snorre0815/idrive-docker/?  JoergHH (see below) seems to have had some success using it.

23 hours ago, JoergHH said:

Since I also have problems with the renofischa docker, I switched to snorre0815. It seems to work better as it is the latest IDrive version 3.2.0:

https://hub.docker.com/r/snorre0815/idrive-docker/

JoergHH any updates?

On 8/1/2023 at 10:52 AM, Ectropian said:

Does anyone know how to turn off CDP in the container?  Since I only want the backup set to run at a specific time, when I untick the checkbox on the website it does not push down to the container.  When I run ./account_setting.pl it shows the CDP server is running.  running ./cdp_server.pl (stop) does not stop the service (does nothing).  In Scheduler you can only set CDP schedule realtime, or in minutes.  Think I've tried everything I can think of. Anyone else have any ideas?

On 8/3/2023 at 9:34 AM, jcato said:

Thanks, everyone, for the great info on setting this up. It appears to be working, but not without a couple of issues.

I backed up a small folder and it said files backed up successfully, but on the iDrive website, under UnRaid, there are no files.

Trying to connect to UnRaid is very slow and unreliable. If it connects, it disconnects before I can change any settings.

When I do get the remote connection to work, it shows CDP is unchecked. But, it is running in the container. I don't see a way to stop it, only options are start and restart. I think, maybe it runs all the time, it just doesn't do anything if it's not checked.

From what I understand -- if you have unchecked it in the web UI, that disables the scheduler job that gets called regularly to check for file changes -- however, the CDP service will always show as running, but you should find the job disabled (scheduler) when checking from the console.

So iDrive Support has confirmed to me that version 3.x of iDrive for Linux is now required in order to connect and backup any content.  As was previously noted the version 3.x now uses a binary instead of all the pearl scripts.  So any documentation that references ./account-setting.pl or any .pl script should be considered deprecated.

As such, I have setup and tested the 'snorre0815/idrive-docker' container that includes the version 3.x binary and can confirm that it does work (connects, computer appears in the dashboard, and able to backup content).

Now for anyone that maybe interested here is a revised list of steps to setup this iDrive container on Unraid using the snorre0815/idrive-docker image:

(Disclaimer: I acknowledge that credit goes to @taverty @LoneStar@ocyberbum @JoergHH for their work effort as I am simply putting all their hardwork together in a single post)

iDrive Docker for Unraid - June 2024 [Updated]

iDrive Account Creation (If you do not have an account already)

1. create an iDrive account

https://www.idrive.com/idrive/signup
2. Recommend using the default iDrive encryption key.

If you are absolutely set on using your own encryption key remember to store a copy in a very safe place!
3. Setting or not setting the 2FA is your choice, the version 3.x iDrive for Linux is compatible and does work with 2FA

Installing the 'snorre0815/idrive-docker' iDrive Docker container:

Option #1 -- manual install

1. Search for idrive under APPS tab
2. Click on link labeled:  "Click Here To Get More Results From DockerHub"
3. Choose snorre0815/idrive-docker (https://hub.docker.com/r/snorre0815/idrive-docker/)
4. Configure docker container with required paths as below

Must enable "ADVANCED VIEW" to expose the Icon field

Icon URL:   https://static.idriveonlinebackup.com/source/images/favicon.ico

Path to Add   Perms    Container Path                               Host Path
config             R/W      /opt/IDriveForLinux/idriveIt             /mnt/user/appdata/idrive/config
backup            R/O      /home/backup                                /mnt/user/

** Unraid includes TZ variable when launching a container set to your selected timezone

--End Option #1 -- Jump down below to continue --

Option #2 - Template install

In a terminal on your Unraid, navigate to:

/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user

# cd /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user

Next use nano (or your preferred editor) to create a file called my-idrive.xml

# nano my-idrive.xml

Copy the following XML into the editor:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Container version="2">
  <Name>iDrive</Name>
  <Repository>snorre0815/idrive-docker</Repository>
  <Registry>https://hub.docker.com/r/snorre0815/idrive-docker</Registry>
  <Network>bridge</Network>
  <MyIP/>
  <Shell>bash</Shell>
  <Privileged>false</Privileged>
  <Support/>
  <Project/>
  <Overview/>
  <Category/>
  <WebUI>https://www.idrive.com/idrive/home/</WebUI>
  <TemplateURL/>
  <Icon>https://static.idriveonlinebackup.com/source/images/favicon.ico</Icon>
  <ExtraParams/>
  <PostArgs/>
  <CPUset/>
  <DonateText/>
  <DonateLink/>
  <Requires/>
  <Config Name="Config" Target="/opt/IDriveForLinux/idriveIt" Default="" Mode="rw" Description="" Type="Path" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">/mnt/user/appdata/idrive/config</Config>
  <Config Name="Backup Path 1" Target="/home/backup" Default="" Mode="ro" Description="" Type="Path" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">/mnt/user</Config>
</Container>

Save / write file to disk

Then in Unraid Docker, click ADD CONTAINER

From the template drop-down find and select idrive

--End Option #2

5. Now click 'Apply' to create the container

Next, use either option:
In your Unraid terminal execute: docker exec -it idrive /bin/bash
 OR
Login to iDrive Docker Container Console, by clicking the iDrive Docker icon and selecting 'Console' from the menu 

Once connected and inside the container, execute:

# ./idrive -a

Follow the remaining prompts to configure your account

REMINDER: When prompted for a Backup Location, recommend using HOSTNAME for easy identification

If you encounter the error  "Unable to find EVS commandline utilities", the workaround is to force a reinstall of the iDrive package from inside the container, simply execute:

# ./idrive -C

If you require further assistance, see https://www.idrive.com/readme#install

When finished, use the iDrive Web Dashboard (https://www.idrive.com/idrive/home/) to configure your backup, your shares will be located under "/home/backup".

Enjoy!

Edited by cyberteer
Container was updated to include support for TZ variable -- steps and template updated accordingly
9 hours ago, mraerosmith said:

Hi there

Long time lurker , I have followed the steps through until you have to enter, ./idrive -a

I do this then get the below error, any ideas?

Unable to find EVS commandline utilities

Just to confirm, you are inside the docker container at the # prompt when entering ./idrive -a?

Does ./idrive --account-setting give you the same error?

The screen capture below is me running ./idrive (no options).  When entering the console for the container -- you should immediately be in the path /opt/IDriveForLinux/bin (as shown in the screen capture.
image.png.b1a1d9e02c8a8215720efcadacaa3985.png

Edited by cyberteer

Yes it does, I can get the options menu as shown here, but whenever I try to do anything with account settings I get the error

image.thumb.png.3c6121916197d95354fa28a5f3e27c00.png

I installed using option 1 , just in case that makes a difference?

This was a fresh install, not an upgrade, is it possible that there is a dependency missing in the docker ?

I have also tried the template version now, and get the same error

Edited by mraerosmith
7 hours ago, mraerosmith said:

Yes it does, I can get the options menu as shown here, but whenever I try to do anything with account settings I get the error

image.thumb.png.3c6121916197d95354fa28a5f3e27c00.png

I installed using option 1 , just in case that makes a difference?

This was a fresh install, not an upgrade, is it possible that there is a dependency missing in the docker ?

I have also tried the template version now, and get the same error

I pulled the container again, it works.  That EVS error you see appears before you've entered any command.  That is the container itself which does not make a lot of sense.  

In the docker settings can you try changing the Shell to Shell and click apply.  That will delete the container and rebuild.

8 hours ago, mraerosmith said:

Tried that, had the same  outcome, heres my full config, have I missed something obvious

image.thumb.png.a2ac8fb44fe824f9c1290bdd500883ca.png

What is that option "Community Applications Conversion" = true??   It was not in the template and I do not have it in my own config either.  Can you set to "false" or remove it and try again?

ok so this is very strange, I have tried method 2 again, and although I can create the file

my-idrive.xml

when I try to open the template in Docker , its blank?

And I get the following on the Fix Common Problems plugin

image.thumb.png.abf34cb1c719bca17f7908156e123278.png

I have now also re-installed docker via the unraid gui, and tried again, same error persists, but all my other dockers came straight back to life after I re-installed them via community apps, with all the data retained, so im quite happy with my docker itself now, so its just this 1

Edited by mraerosmith
5 hours ago, mraerosmith said:

ok so this is very strange, I have tried method 2 again, and although I can create the file

my-idrive.xml

when I try to open the template in Docker , its blank?

And I get the following on the Fix Common Problems plugin

image.thumb.png.abf34cb1c719bca17f7908156e123278.png

I have now also re-installed docker via the unraid gui, and tried again, same error persists, but all my other dockers came straight back to life after I re-installed them via community apps, with all the data retained, so im quite happy with my docker itself now, so its just this 1

@mraerosmith To give an update, I have removed the container, and the docker image and redeployed from scratch (keeping my config) and I am not getting that "EVS error".  Additionally, I deployed the container on a separate Linux VM  without any issues.  

I am left thinking that something happened to the image that you downloaded which is causing that EVS error.  It seems the EVS utilities is part of the idrive for Linux install which gets executed inside the container you are creating.

I would suggest, removing any existing iDrive containers from the Unraid GUI.  Then in a terminal window, use the following command to remove the image:

To list the images, execute:

docker images

Find the snorre0815/idrive-docker image ID, and execute:

docker rmi <insert-image-ID-for-snorre0815/idrive-docker>

You don't need the < > brackets.

Next, to show any "dangling" images, execute:

docker images -f dangling=true

If any are found, then execute:

docker image prune

After all that, use the template to recreate the iDrive container, ensuring paths are pointed where you want them.

As for the blank template issue, from the filename I am thinking you already had my-idrive.xml as a template -- unless you delete it from the //boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user directory you shouldn't need to recreate.

Let me know how it goes.  

53 minutes ago, mraerosmith said:

Followed that and still get the very same error

Really not sure whats happening here at this point

Yes, I am sorry as I am at a loss as to why that is happening.  Something is corrupt or corrupting the container, as I again pulled the image on a different computer and it works as expected.

1 hour ago, mraerosmith said:

yep its super odd, no issues on anything else ive installed via docker, so its super strange.

What version of unraid are you running in case that could be a thing?

I am on Unraid version 6.12.10,

If you are older, it might be attributable to an older version of docker.  What do you see when you execute:

docker version 

from an Unraid terminal window?

1 hour ago, mraerosmith said:

You beauty, that did it, well sort of -c didnt work, just errored for me.

but

./idrive

then option 5 and forcing the update worked perfect, now connecting and backing up.

You sir are a legend

I appreciate the props, but still doesn't explain why the container failed initially.  I suspect that if you make a change to the docker template (change volume path to backup something else or add another volume path) that the container gets rebuilt and you'll be back to having to run the update again.

I'm glad to know you are up and running.  iDrive really is the least expensive backup option that I have found.  Simply put $10/year for 500GB is a fantastic deal.  In addition, I am quite pleased with the speed at which backups have executed.

Good luck!

Just thought I would note that I had the same issue. I kept getting the "Unable to find EVS commandline utilities" error. In the end I also fixed it by forcing a reinstall of the iDrive package with ./idrive -C

On 4/26/2024 at 12:54 AM, jjross said:

Just thought I would note that I had the same issue. I kept getting the "Unable to find EVS commandline utilities" error. In the end I also fixed it by forcing a reinstall of the iDrive package with ./idrive -C

Thank you @jjross for your input.  Two reports is certainly more than coincidence.  As mentioned, I don't seem to be able to replicate the issue on my Unraid installation and I wasn't able to replicate it on Ubuntu VM running docker that I'd setup to see if I could.  I will raise the issue with the container builder as perhaps there is something there.

Hey @jjross @mraerosmith in regards to the "Unable to find EVS commandline utilities" error you both encountered...  would either of you recall if when you first added the idrive docker if you created a folder/directory under /user/appdata for the idrive docker to use or did you simply let it "auto-create" upon launching the container?