Anyone got Idrive working on Unraid ?

Posted (edited)

@cyberteer Thanks for the how to! Just installed the docker using your guide. I also ran into the "EVS" problem and fixed it using "./idrive -C".

I just used your template and let it auto-create the directories.

BTW. there is a small typo in this closing tag <WebUI/> in the template.

Just started my backup on iDrive. Thanks again!

Edited by Redindian
On 5/3/2024 at 7:57 AM, cyberteer said:

Hey @jjross @mraerosmith in regards to the "Unable to find EVS commandline utilities" error you both encountered...  would either of you recall if when you first added the idrive docker if you created a folder/directory under /user/appdata for the idrive docker to use or did you simply let it "auto-create" upon launching the container?

I'm really sorry, I can't remember. It's certainly possible I didn't not create the folder as I typically assume it will be created automatically.

On 5/29/2024 at 9:04 PM, jjross said:

I'm really sorry, I can't remember. It's certainly possible I didn't not create the folder as I typically assume it will be created automatically.

Thank you for following up.  I suspect that this is the case.  It seems necessary to have created a folder under appdata before executing the docker container.  In some previous instructions it was identified to "touch" the idrivecron.json file as well, again before executing the docker container.   

However, it may simply be for this new version of the container that to avoid the EVS error -- that having an "idrive" folder under appdata created before executing the container maybe all that is necessary?!?

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 2:59 PM, Redindian said:

@cyberteer Thanks for the how to! Just installed the docker using your guide. I also ran into the "EVS" problem and fixed it using "./idrive -C".

I just used your template and let it auto-create the directories.

BTW. there is a small typo in this closing tag <WebUI/> in the template.

Just started my backup on iDrive. Thanks again!

@Redindian Glad you were successful.  Typo has been corrected.

Edited by cyberteer
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

Linux & Unraid noob here and I need some guidance. I was able to follow thru the directions to sucessfully connect my Unraid server to my iDrive account using the snorre0815/idrive-docker process. My question is: how do I tell the iDrive-Docker to tell iDriveforLinux which specific file share/folder I want backed up? Can someone point me to or describe a set of instructions I can follow to make this happen? Apologies if my question seems "dumb".

Thanks to All!

11 hours ago, horqua said:

Hello All,

Linux & Unraid noob here and I need some guidance. I was able to follow thru the directions to sucessfully connect my Unraid server to my iDrive account using the snorre0815/idrive-docker process. My question is: how do I tell the iDrive-Docker to tell iDriveforLinux which specific file share/folder I want backed up? Can someone point me to or describe a set of instructions I can follow to make this happen? Apologies if my question seems "dumb".

Thanks to All!

Excellent -- glad to see more unRaid users take advantage of the inexpensive backup options offered by iDrive.

To configure what files you want to backup, you need to navigate in your browser to the iDrive portal (https://www.idrive.com/idrive/home/), login with your account credentials for iDrive, and then from the left hand panel select "Dashboard" then "Computers".  You'll be presented with a screen showing you the active connected computers to your account.  Select the one which is your unRaid server by clicking it or clicking the details icon.  You'll then be presented with a screen where you can configure the files/folders to backup.

I would suggest navigating around within the settings on the iDrive panel.. For familiarity as well as there are options that maybe of benefit or not.

Additionally, these iDrive tutorial videos may also be of assistance:

https://www.idrive.com/videos#Web

Edited by cyberteer
  • 2 months later...

I want to start out saying that I am a total noob to Unraid, Linux, and dockers. That being said, by following @cyberteer instructions, I was able to get this working. Only time will tell if it continues to work.

And speaking of time, when I deployed this, I had the timezone set incorrectly in Unraid. I fixed that, but the idrive docker still had the wrong time and TZ was set wrong. I'm not sure how to fix that correctly. I have worked around this by adding a TZ variable to the docker, basically overwriting the one passed by Unraid. But I'm sure that there is an actual right way to fix this.

Another small issue that matters little if any: the icon for the docker does not show. I set it to the URL provided, but it does not show that icon, just a question mark icon. The URL does show the right icon in a browser. Again, unimportant but curiosity makes me want to know what is going on.

Once again, thanks to everyone for their posts and help. I now feel I can actually put real data on my new Unraid server.

Edited by Cruzerman
On 8/29/2024 at 10:36 AM, Cruzerman said:

I want to start out saying that I am a total noob to Unraid, Linux, and dockers. That being said, by following @cyberteer instructions, I was able to get this working. Only time will tell if it continues to work.

And speaking of time, when I deployed this, I had the timezone set incorrectly in Unraid. I fixed that, but the idrive docker still had the wrong time and TZ was set wrong. I'm not sure how to fix that correctly. I have worked around this by adding a TZ variable to the docker, basically overwriting the one passed by Unraid. But I'm sure that there is an actual right way to fix this.

Another small issue that matters little if any: the icon for the docker does not show. I set it to the URL provided, but it does not show that icon, just a question mark icon. The URL does show the right icon in a browser. Again, unimportant but curiosity makes me want to know what is going on.

Once again, thanks to everyone for their posts and help. I now feel I can actually put real data on my new Unraid server.

@Cruzerman Thank you for the "props".  

Timezone (TZ) variable...  if you changed the TZ setting for Unraid any docker apps ALREADY created would not get updated and need to be recreated in order to have their TZ setting updated.

Icon issue...  Did you setup the container using the "Template" or "Manual" method?  I did check and the icon image still works -- however, I am not sure for the "Manual" method if you need to include the "https://" part or not (meaning just the part afterwards.

and finally, welcome to the Unraid community!

Edited by cyberteer