ControlR (Android/iOS app for unRAID)

11 minutes ago, balog said:

No it doesn't

the plot thickens 🤔

ok, i'll troubleshoot tomorrow, strange stuff though :) 

oh, one thought ... in your /var/local/emhttp/myservers.cfg, do both hashes appear ?

the correct one 192-168-1-20*.myunraid.net

and the "incorrect" one ... 10.253.0.1*.myunraid.net ?

just downloaded IOS app update and now cant access my unraid servers at all tried removing and adding again tried every method to login it keeps saying " Unable to add server: 1**.***.**.*:443 is offline"

now can't use it at all.

Edited by livefour2day

- If you access your server via SSL (https), the app will only connect to the `*.myunraid.net` URL, which is backed by a certificate provisioned via Let's Encrypt (certificate_bundle) 

I use Traefik as a reverse proxy for SSL connections with a self-signed certificate for "*.home.arpa" in my homelab. Will I still be able to use the ControllR app without using the "*.myunraid.net" URL - which I don't want to use?

5 hours ago, livefour2day said:

just downloaded IOS app update and now cant access my unraid servers at all tried removing and adding again tried every method to login it keeps saying " Unable to add server: 1**.***.**.*:443 is offline"

now can't use it at all.

yea, self signed certificates wont work anymore with the app, there are restrictions both in android and ios that make this less than optimal and insecure from the app perspective

if you set up ssl, pls provision a letsencrypt certificate and connect using that URL

2 hours ago, T0a said:

I use Traefik as a reverse proxy for SSL connections with a self-signed certificate for "*.home.arpa" in my homelab. Will I still be able to use the ControllR app without using the "*.myunraid.net" URL - which I don't want to use?

yea, self signed certificates wont work anymore with the app, there are restrictions both in android and ios that make this less than optimal and insecure from the app perspective

if you set up ssl, pls provision a letsencrypt certificate and connect using that URL

1 hour ago, jbrodriguez said:

Thank you for your reply. Any SSL configuration with a valid top-level certificate or just `*.myunraid.net`? Unfortunately, I cannot issue a letsencrypt certificate for internal use only address home.arpa (RFC).

31 minutes ago, T0a said:

Thank you for your reply. Any SSL configuration with a valid top-level certificate or just `*.myunraid.net`? Unfortunately, I cannot issue a letsencrypt certificate for internal use only address home.arpa (RFC).

hi, it can definitely support a certificate from a trusted authority (letsencrypt just happens to be very free 😀)

the qrcode and import methods to add a server, support only *.myunraid.net, because it's the "standard" in Unraid and "easy" to find/detect by the plugin

if you already have a certificate from a trusted authority for your domain, you should be able to add a server using the manual method

i understand letscrypt can/should be able to create certificates for internal domains ? (not sure on this though)

After updating to the latest version of the plugin I get further with the QR code set up. The below error message appears after entering my username/password and clicking 'Add'. Obviously, my server is online. I scanned the QR code from the plugin settings page, and can confirm my phone with the app and the unraid server are on the same LAN>

image.thumb.png.7bb843831f1fe0bc89e6ca05bf3f10ad.png 

Edited by balog

Are we saying that the app has to have access from outside a Local network as i have always used it, as it stands not very happy to port forward to my Unraid server I usally put Authelia infront of my server so would this cause an issue or I am i doing something wrong to set up on a local network because all i get now when trying to connect to the Controlrd plugin is server offline

14 minutes ago, livefour2day said:

Are we saying that the app has to have access from outside a Local network as i have always used it, as it stands not very happy to port forward to my Unraid server I usally put Authelia infront of my server so would this cause an issue or I am i doing something wrong to set up on a local network because all i get now when trying to connect to the Controlrd plugin is server offline

hi, no, you don't need to foward a port, the app still works only on a local network (or through WireGuard/OpenVPN)

seems to me you have SSL set to Yes or Strict

if that's the case, pls provision a letsencrypt certificate in the Settings / ManagementAccess page of your Unraid server and use the *.myunraid.net URL to add the server to the app (you can look for more details in the "I can't connect to my server" section of the app's faq (https://www.apertoire.com/faq/controlr/)

4 hours ago, jbrodriguez said:

i published a new version of the app, qr code will work now (this reminds me of the "i'm feeling lucy" button on the google home page :) )

Can confirm the QR code registration process works.

Thank you so much for your hard work.

Did I read somewhere that ControlR is open source now? github? I could be wrong. Am a programmer and would be interested in learning it, to possibly provide some enhancements

7 hours ago, livefour2day said:

I have always had my 2 unraid servers in controlR but since the latest upgrade only one of them is showing my Docker containers the other 1 is showing none, do you know what may be the issue please.

hi, is the server not showing the dockers on Unraid 7 ?

in any case, there were some issues in the past if you have some docker with a custom icon ? can that be the case ?

22 hours ago, jbrodriguez said:

hi, is the server not showing the dockers on Unraid 7 ?

in any case, there were some issues in the past if you have some docker with a custom icon ? can that be the case ?

I am not running Unraid 7 thats still beta isnt it? Dockers show in my version of Unraid (6.12.13) but not in the app on one of my servers the other server shows the dockers in ControlR.

I have no custom icons.

Bot servers showed the docker containers in the previous app since the recent update with both of my servers in ControlR only one shows Docker containers.

Edited by livefour2day
On 9/4/2024 at 8:30 PM, jbrodriguez said:

i see, is it possible that you send me troubleshooting info from your server in order to try and replicate it ?

if yes, pls follow the steps shown  here https://github.com/jbrodriguez/controlr-support

I keep getting this error -

root@*****:/tmp# $ curl -fsSL -o support https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jbrodriguez/controlr-support/main/support 
$ chmod +x support
$ ./support
bash: $: command not found