ControlR (Android/iOS app for unRAID)

ControlR works from inside your local network and assists you in managing your unRAID servers.

Features:

- Manage multiple servers from a beautiful user interface

- Manage dockers and virtual machines (start, stop, remove and more)

- System theme support (light and dark mode)

- Power on/off a server

- Start/Stop an array

- Spin down/up a disk

- Show the banner for a server (including custom banners)

- Automatic server discovery (in a lan environment)

- User confirmation for sensitive operations (configurable)

- And more !

Read the Privacy Policy before purchasing

Purchase at https://www.apertoire.com/controlr/

Frequently Asked Questions

Request Features / Provide feedback

Screenshots

shot-03.png

shot-01.png

Edited by jbrodriguez
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thank you for making this app, I have just purchased this from the store.  ;)

I have not installed this yet, however did not see VM management (basics such as start/stop/force stop) as an option currently.

This would be my no.1 request for inclusion as you develop this further.

Edit: Thinking about this more, it would be nice to be able to control (if/as needed) the server from a remote location also.

In order to do this currently would involve allowing access to UnRAID from the outside world (which we all know would be a bad idea!), or using a VPN to tunnel into to be "local".

Would it be possible to control the server from the app through a plugin locally installed? Therefore exposing that plugins port, and securing the connection between the app and it for communication? This would then limit the risk, and only provide access to the apps functions just in case credentials were somehow stolen.

Just thinking out loud, can hear the wife calling me saying "The kitchen Tv is frozen, can you fix it?" which this would be perfect for!

I've just bought this too, partly curiosity, partly I want to support development of this kind of app for Unraid.

I like the design,

But it'd be nice to have a confirmation with power off, after nearly 50 days of uptime my server has been rebooted...  ;D

Remote access for me isn't an issue as I can just VPN to my LAN and I'm going to assume it'll work.

I hope you manage to add in a bit more functionality as time goes by but it's a great start and much needed in this day and age of mobile devices.

Good Luck with it and can't wait to follow the developments...  :)

Thank you for making this app, I have just purchased this from the store.  ;)

I have not installed this yet, however did not see VM management (basics such as start/stop/force stop) as an option currently.

This would be my no.1 request for inclusion as you develop this further.

Edit: Thinking about this more, it would be nice to be able to control (if/as needed) the server from a remote location also.

In order to do this currently would involve allowing access to UnRAID from the outside world (which we all know would be a bad idea!), or using a VPN to tunnel into to be "local".

Would it be possible to control the server from the app through a plugin locally installed? Therefore exposing that plugins port, and securing the connection between the app and it for communication? This would then limit the risk, and only provide access to the apps functions just in case credentials were somehow stolen.

Just thinking out loud, can hear the wife calling me saying "The kitchen Tv is frozen, can you fix it?" which this would be perfect for!

Thanks bungee91 !

One of my priorities will be adding VM/Docker/Plugins management (start/stop/etc).

As for remote access, for the time being I'm letting VPN do the bulk of the work here.

But I will consider eventually having a plugin installed to help with some features.

I've just bought this too, partly curiosity, partly I want to support development of this kind of app for Unraid.

I like the design,

But it'd be nice to have a confirmation with power off, after nearly 50 days of uptime my server has been rebooted...  ;D

Remote access for me isn't an issue as I can just VPN to my LAN and I'm going to assume it'll work.

I hope you manage to add in a bit more functionality as time goes by but it's a great start and much needed in this day and age of mobile devices.

Thanks CHBMB !

Yes, I'll set up a confirmation for the ops  (set in the prefs, default on)

Thanks bungee91 !

One of my priorities will be adding VM/Docker/Plugins management (start/stop/etc).

As for remote access, for the time being I'm letting VPN do the bulk of the work here.

But I will consider eventually having a plugin installed to help with some features.

Thanks, looking forward to the addition.

Took a quick test drive yesterday, and it worked well for my limited testing (I looked mainly, didn't start/stop array, etc...)

Two suggestions:

Running 6.2B21, with only 1 parity drive.

The 2nd parity is listed with Nan% or something like that for free space/size.

Maybe you can check for single parity and remove the entry entirely if not present?

2nd, even on my Nexus 6 (which is a pretty big phone) the buttons seem a little small to click on.

For instance the Gear icon in the top right took a couple of taps for me to click on it correctly so that it'd open.

Maybe the area for it's click could be bigger, or the icon resized to be a bit larger?  IDK..

Either way both are very minor things/suggestions.

Thanks bungee91 !

Thanks, looking forward to the addition.

Took a quick test drive yesterday, and it worked well for my limited testing (I looked mainly, didn't start/stop array, etc...)

Two suggestions:

Running 6.2B21, with only 1 parity drive.

The 2nd parity is listed with Nan% or something like that for free space/size.

Maybe you can check for single parity and remove the entry entirely if not present?

2nd, even on my Nexus 6 (which is a pretty big phone) the buttons seem a little small to click on.

For instance the Gear icon in the top right took a couple of taps for me to click on it correctly so that it'd open.

Maybe the area for it's click could be bigger, or the icon resized to be a bit larger?  IDK..

Either way both are very minor things/suggestions.

Thanks for the comments, bungee91 !

I'll check the issue  about the second parity.

Now that you mention it, the icons look smallish on my phone too, but there's room to make them bigger, so I will work on that.

And because I figure I already owe him from the extensive use I made of unBalance when setting up my Backup server.

+1

I just bought it and installed on both tablet and phone. My unraid 6.1.9 build is found and added with the automatic method, but my 6.2 beta 21 is not found and it's not added if I choose manual. I'm 100% sure the password is correct.

No problem to log on in a browser.

I just bought it and installed on both tablet and phone. My unraid 6.1.9 build is found and added with the automatic method, but my 6.2 beta 21 is not found and it's not added if I choose manual. I'm 100% sure the password is correct.

I could add my v6.2-beta servers, both auto and manual working.

Request: Option to sort servers (or auto sort alphabetically).

I could add my v6.2-beta servers, both auto and manual working.

Request: Option to sort servers (or auto sort alphabetically).

Thanks johnnie.black !

I'll look into sorting the servers.

I'm thinking by date/time added.

Do you guys on 6.2 beta have a root password set?

I have tried with some different usb sticks and found that as soon as I add a password I can't add the server.

I tested with a test 6.2-beta server with password set and it worked, but I'll look into it again.

I did some more testing here as I got some varying results.

Using the beta fresh on a usb stick without a license added I can add it in the app.

If I add the Pro key and/or password I can still add it. As soon as I reboot, I can no longer add it. If I remember correctly (Didn't write down stuff), the server have a red x in the app.

So I start fresh with 6.1.9. No problem after adding Pro key and password even after reboot.

So I decided to update to the beta. I did not delete the server in the app before updating as I wanted to check if the app could connect. This time it connected. I then tried adding the server on my phone, but then it was back to not being added.

I then decided to insert my production 6.2 beta and see if I could connect to the server in the app. And now it connected! The previous add server was called Tower and the production server is called Server1. The result was that Server1 was added as a new server, but no IP in the (). They both had the same IP as it's given the address based on MAC.

My server is a Supermicro X9DR7-LN4F dual CPU board with 4 port NIC and a dedicated IPMI LAN Port. I only use one of the LAN ports, but have tried different ones and also different ports on the switch.

Tell me if there is any logging I can do in the app to help you find the cause.

Do you guys on 6.2 beta have a root password set?

I have tried with some different usb sticks and found that as soon as I add a password I can't add the server.

I tested with a test 6.2-beta server with password set and it worked, but I'll look into it again.

saarg, I'm publishing a new version (didn't find anything unusual with 6.2 and passwords). Next steps is recreating what you mention, to try and replicate the issue.

I did some more testing here as I got some varying results.

Using the beta fresh on a usb stick without a license added I can add it in the app.

If I add the Pro key and/or password I can still add it. As soon as I reboot, I can no longer add it. If I remember correctly (Didn't write down stuff), the server have a red x in the app.

So I start fresh with 6.1.9. No problem after adding Pro key and password even after reboot.

So I decided to update to the beta. I did not delete the server in the app before updating as I wanted to check if the app could connect. This time it connected. I then tried adding the server on my phone, but then it was back to not being added.

I then decided to insert my production 6.2 beta and see if I could connect to the server in the app. And now it connected! The previous add server was called Tower and the production server is called Server1. The result was that Server1 was added as a new server, but no IP in the (). They both had the same IP as it's given the address based on MAC.

My server is a Supermicro X9DR7-LN4F dual CPU board with 4 port NIC and a dedicated IPMI LAN Port. I only use one of the LAN ports, but have tried different ones and also different ports on the switch.

Tell me if there is any logging I can do in the app to help you find the cause.

I've published v1.1.1

Changes

Confirm powerdown, reboot and stop array commands (user configurable in settings, on by default)

UI improvements (increase elements size, make gray text more legible)

Add reboot command

Display uptime (static until next refresh)

Sort servers by ip address

Fix issue with second parity disk (don't display it if not present)

Bug fixes and improvements