[Support] binhex - Libresonic

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, dj_sim said:

Morning

Libresonic updated this morning and is no longer working.

Logs show Error: Invalid or corrupt jarfile /opt/libresonic/libresonic.war

Can this be fixed please.

I have the same error.

Would be nice if there were some checks in place, before pushing new update.

Yes I know I am not paying for this, but kinda annoying my libresonic keeps breaking every other week. 

10 hours ago, ZataH said:

I have the same error.

Would be nice if there were some checks in place, before pushing new update.

Yes I know I am not paying for this, but kinda annoying my libresonic keeps breaking every other week. 

This was an error in the release from the Libresonic team, this has now been corrected and a new image has been built and tested.

Whilst i can understand it is annoying that it "keeps breaking", you have two options, firstly dont do auto updates, is there a good reason why you need beta3 over beta 2?, secondly this is currently tagged as beta software (as can be seen from the release name) so you may see teething problems whilst they get to a stable release structure, you can always instead stay on the non beta releases, see a list of tags here for available versions:- https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-libresonic/tags/ and here for how to use tags to specify the version See Q11:- 

The choice is yours in the end, but manual testing is out of the question, i manage a LOT of docker images, and i just dont have the time to manually test each release that comes along, i will look to see if i can automate some testing though in the future and see if this is possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone gotten this working with reverse proxy from Nginx? I have several apps set up for reverse proxy and they all work great, but i can't for the life of me get this one working.

location /sonic {
include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
proxy_pass http://192.168.x.x:4040;
}

Doesn't work.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, IamSpartacus said:

Is it possible to migrate users/database from madsonic to libresonic?  If so, could someone point me to a good resource for doing this?

it MIGHT work by simply dropping in the DB, but you may get issues, libresonic is a fork of subsonic not madsonic (madsonic being a fork of subsonic too with some customisations). It depends what you need to get out of your current madsonic setup, for me it was two things, starred tracks and playlists, the way i went about getting both out is as follows:-

1. turn all starred tracks into a playlist - now i cant quite remeber what i used to do this, but i got a feeling its either in the madsonic android app or the web ui.

2. export playlists - now you have your starred tracks saved you can now export the starred tracks playlist along with your others, this is done through the web ui.

install libresonic, add library and re-import playlists, either through the web ui or dropping your exported playlists intothe playlists folder in /config/ and waiting (can take an hour or so for it to pick them up).

The last thing is then just re-create your accounts and you should be done, sound ok?, to encourage you ive been using libresonic quite heavily and its rock solid, i have had zero crashes, not bad for something thats still being heavily worked on.

11 minutes ago, binhex said:

it MIGHT work by simply dropping in the DB, but you may get issues, libresonic is a fork of subsonic not madsonic (madsonic being a fork of subsonic too with some customisations). It depends what you need to get out of your current madsonic setup, for me it was two things, starred tracks and playlists, the way i went about getting both out is as follows:-

1. turn all starred tracks into a playlist - now i cant quite remeber what i used to do this, but i got a feeling its either in the madsonic android app or the web ui.

2. export playlists - now you have your starred tracks saved you can now export the starred tracks playlist along with your others, this is done through the web ui.

install libresonic, add library and re-import playlists, either through the web ui or dropping your exported playlists intothe playlists folder in /config/ and waiting (can take an hour or so for it to pick them up).

The last thing is then just re-create your accounts and you should be done, sound ok?, to encourage you ive been using libresonic quite heavily and its rock solid, i have had zero crashes, not bad for something thats still being heavily worked on.

I've imported playlists already but the main thing for me is that I have a few users who have created a lot of playlists.  If I simply import all the playlists and recreate the users, how do I go about re-assigning permissions so that the users only see their own playlists?

Edited by IamSpartacus
8 minutes ago, IamSpartacus said:

I've imported playlists already but the main thing for me is that I have a few users who have created a lot of playlists.  If I simply import all the playlists and recreate the users, how do I go about re-assigning permissions that the users only see their own playlists?

hmm ive never had to deal with this situation, but possibly:-

1. re-create user account

2. get user to login with their account, and then let them import the playlist (left nav), they can then select the tick box to allow other users to view the newly impored playlist or not.

3. rinse and repeat for each account.

there maybe a better way to do it than this but i think this would work, its going to mean the users have to do a bit of work, but it shouldnt take more than 10 mins or so to import all the playlists they want.

edit - ahh one problem, the import button allows you to browse the local file system of the machine your using to hit the web ui with, so you cant browse to the playlists you have exported on the server and pick and choose, hmm.

Edited by binhex
20 minutes ago, binhex said:

hmm ive never had to deal with this situation, but possibly:-

1. re-create user account

2. get user to login with their account, and then let them import the playlist (left nav), they can then select the tick box to allow other users to view the newly impored playlist or not.

3. rinse and repeat for each account.

there maybe a better way to do it than this but i think this would work, its going to mean the users have to do a bit of work, but it shouldnt take more than 10 mins or so to import all the playlists they want.

edit - ahh one problem, the import button allows you to browse the local file system of the machine your using to hit the web ui with, so you cant browse to the playlists you have exported on the server and pick and choose, hmm.

I can do this for my users as I have their login info.  The problem I'm seeing though is when I go to manually import a playlist, it's giving me the following error:

Failed to import playlist. No songs in the playlist were found.

These are .m3u8 files created when exporting the playlists from madsonic.

Just now, IamSpartacus said:

Obviously that wasn't so obvious lol.  I was thinking that might be the issue.  My media is still being indexed as we speak so I'll try to import again once the initial scan is done.

lol, hmm yeah, patience young jedi :-)

15 minutes ago, binhex said:

lol, hmm yeah, patience young jedi :-)

Well...this is not looking good.  All songs and artists have been scanned and indexed as you can see from the attached SS.  

swqaOhz.jpg

Yet I'm still getting the same error when trying to import playlists.  This is going to be a deal breaker for switching from Madsonic if can't get these playlists to import unfortunately.

Edited by IamSpartacus

Subsonic experience only, but if I remember correctly, as either administrator or a user with the appropriate privileges one can view the playlist and then export it to m3u file (while on the web page, not app).  That m3u file can then be placed in the configured playlist folder and is available just like it would be if stored in the database.

9 minutes ago, unevent said:

Subsonic experience only, but if I remember correctly, as either administrator or a user with the appropriate privileges one can view the playlist and then export it to m3u file (while on the web page, not app).  That m3u file can then be placed in the configured playlist folder and is available just like it would be if stored in the database.

I've tried exporting from the browser.  I've tried exporting to the default m3u8 file it tries to create as well as changing it to an m3u file.  I've tried placing the files into the libresonic/playists directory or manually importing.  I get the same message no matter what.

Edited by IamSpartacus

It's linked to the same folder.  Just that in Madsonic my "Music" folder is /media and in Libresonic "Music" is /music.

I realise that, but when you import your playlist the root folder of your media will be different and thus the import will fail

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, binhex said:

I realise that, but when you import your playlist the root folder of your media will be different and thus the import will fail

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

OK.  Just changed it to /media and running a new scan on the media folder.  We'll see what happens.