6.2.0-rc4 - DNS / Network issue on server?

>:(

So I was trying to figure out why my Windows VM was getting an "external" IP instead of one from my internal LAN, looked at VM and Network was set to Virbr0 instead bro (and it was the only option in VM Settings), so I went to go look at my Network settings, bridging was already enabled, so I disabled it, saved, re-enabled it, and then started getting this message from the "Fix Common Problems" App, although BR0 was now an option in my VM.

R1reWJD.png

Here is my Network settings, as they have always been set and everything had previously worked fine (except for VM bridge which I don't use often).

d4Xn0dP.png

Now things like the community apps won't connect and getting new weird messaged on Fix Common Problems, like I assume it's not connecting to external internet..

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/fix.common.problems/include/tests.php on line 1179

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/fix.common.problems/include/tests.php on line 1207

Diag's attached.

media-diagnostics-20160820-0929.zip

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/fix.common.problems/include/tests.php on line 1179

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/fix.common.problems/include/tests.php on line 1207

Diag's attached.

oops - Not enough error checking on my part.  Fixed both of those in FCP.  Both a direct consequence of not being able to communicate with the outside world.

Have you tried setting DNS addresses like FCP suggested?

Can't change DNS Settings on Network settings page... everything is "greyed" out and no option to change (and array is stopped).

The network settings can not be changed as long as Docker or libvirt (VM) is still running. Stopping the array should stop these services as well. Or alternatively Docker and VM services can be stopped from the settings page.

Your picture is showing however the array as active and your issue is a missing DNS entry. If you don't have a local DNS server or DNS proxy, you can use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Can't change DNS Settings on Network settings page... everything is "greyed" out and no option to change (and array is stopped).

The network settings can not be changed as long as Docker or libvirt (VM) is still running. Stopping the array should stop these services as well. Or alternatively Docker and VM services can be stopped from the settings page.

Your picture is showing however the array as active and your issue is a missing DNS entry. If you don't have a local DNS server or DNS proxy, you can use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Array is stopped and those DNS entrys are still greyed out (and I've never ever used 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 and never had any issues whatsoever, been running UnRAID for years!)

Docker and VM ware also both set to "NO" for enable for both in settings.

Array is stopped and those DNS entrys are still greyed out (and I've never ever used 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 and never had any issues whatsoever, been running UnRAID for years!)

The network settings sees the docker and VM services as active, hence it disables the settings page.

Toggle the service setting to  Yes / No and re-apply the settings for docker and VM to see if this forces the services to stop.

Perhaps you can post the result of

ps -ef | grep docker
ps -ef | grep libvirt

The network settings sees the docker and VM services as active, hence it disables the settings page.

Toggle the service setting to  Yes / No and re-apply the settings for docker and VM to see if this forces the services to stop.

Perhaps you can post the result of

ps -ef | grep docker
ps -ef | grep libvirt

Toggled both VM and Docker services from No to Yes and Back to No (with an array start/stop between each), Rebooted server, did not "start array' at all after reboot.  No change in greyed out DNS Options.

root@media:~# ps -ef | grep docker

root      2587  2540  0 14:38 pts/0    00:00:00 grep docker

root@media:~# ps -ef | grep libvirt

root      2784  2540  0 14:39 pts/0    00:00:00 grep libvirt

BUT playing with other settings on Network tab, changing the "IP address Assignment" from Static to Automatic back to Static then did let me change the DNS Servers.

After doing that, then starting the Array, the Fix Common Problems errors go away and it appears that things like Community Applications are now talking to internet again.

Note I also disabled Bonding and Bridging while troubleshooting.. will go back to see if I can reset those.

W4qjjKi.png

Ok, there was some confusion at my side since you said everything is "greyed" out, which made me believe that none of the settings was accessible.

Now it is clear you were talking about the DNS setting only.

The combination static DHCP with automatic DNS is not allowed and the GUI should auto-correct that. This auto-correction was introduced in an earlier beta version, but got missing in later versions, including rc4.

In short you found a regression bug. Thanks for reporting.