[6.1] Data Rebuild fails after a --rebuildtree

neuk34

Hi All,

One of my disk is read-only, that's mean I cannot deleted / write on this one.

So, I launched a reiserfck --check, that has found 1604 corruptions.

It invites me to launch a --rebuildtree, but I'd like to avoid that. Indeed, I launched it one time, and I lost a lot of data that I had not been able to recover, even with handwork.

So, I prefered to launch a SMART extended self-test (file attached), that indicate any errors.

What should I do to keep my datas safe? (syslog attached as well)

Thanks,

nas-smart-20160907-0236.zip

nas-syslog-20160907-0247.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I have solved a disk read only issue using a rebuild tree. Everything went fine, I did not lose too much data, and I've been able to write on it again.

On the other hand, my disk 6 showed errors.

I went to the shop to buy a new hard drive to launch a data rebuild. But it failed. It's curious : fail with fresh new hard drive ? OK..

I went back to the shop to buy a second one, and I tried again : same problem. So, it does not come from the hard drive, they are OK.

So, I don't understand.

What should I do ? Maybe it comes from my parity drive?

syslog attached below.

Thanks

syslog.txt

For V6, you should always go to Tools - Diagnostics and post the complete diagnostics zip. It contains the syslog, SMART for all disks, and lots of other useful information. Save us the trouble of asking for it all, and save you the trouble of collecting and posting several attachments. Please do so now.

Did you test the new drive before trying to use it for the rebuild? Did you get its SMART?

Bad connections are much more likely than bad disks and will cause read/write errors that will cause a rebuild to fail, or cause unRAID to disable a disk. Unless you have any evidence a disk is actually bad it should not be the first suspect in these cases.