[Enhancement Request] Dynamix System Statistics

First of all, great job with Unraid. I'm having a blast with it. This seems like a small request  and I think it would be neat to add some more granular controls on how the stats are displayed in the Dynamix System Statistics plugin. Examples of what I mean are like offer option to display overall cpu performance vs per core, i know in 6.2 it displayed on the Dashboard page however this could extend to  option for overall performance for disk/network vs display per disk, per port. Legend with colored lines could display their performance compared to others in the same graph.

jbartlett did a great script for disk comparison which i've used but I think to be able to see per disk (in this example) would be neat to see how the disks are performing under realworld load rather than testing.

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=31073.0

There is a licensing issue with simply merging this plugin due to the way statistics are displayed.  This will not be a simple merge so while I love this plugin, it will have to wait a bit before we can consider formal inclusion.

Thanks for the response and could you elaborate on the "merging the plugin" so that I know we're on the same page?

There is a licensing issue with simply merging this plugin due to the way statistics are displayed.  This will not be a simple merge so while I love this plugin, it will have to wait a bit before we can consider formal inclusion.

Thanks for the response and could you elaborate on the "merging the plugin" so that I know we're on the same page?

I believe what he would answer is that jbartlett's diskspeed relies on highcharts.com, which is not free for commercial use, must be licensed.

I believe what he would answer is that jbartlett's diskspeed relies on highcharts.com, which is not free for commercial use, must be licensed.

Cool, thats what i thought he meant but wanted to confirm. Thanks anyways, would have been awesome to implement those changes.

The same is true for Dynamix System Stats. Highcharts is free for personal, non-commercial use, but requires a license for commercial use, as noted by RobJ.

"Contact us for a price" for OEM and Enterprise for embedding in a locally hosted software product leads me to believe it would be incredibly expensive to license an all-inclusive license for the entire unRAID platform for all existing and future users. I mean, the charts look pretty, but sounds like a lot of trouble for first party inclusion.

Agreed especially when it's so easily implemented with a plugin.  Also I think sometimes we forget the merit of having plugins that not only we can add, but also remove, being able to easily strip the os down to bare bones makes troubleshooting much easier for one.  Also not everyone wants or needs the functionality of  a particular plugin on their Unraid box (I for the record am a sucker for these things though)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• Like 1