Just replaced 2 new hard drives and getting errors

Yipee

The disks were all on-line at the time you grabbed the new diagnostics but Disk 8 was disabled and being emulated. The SMART reports for Disks 4 and 8 are good so you can rebuild Disk 8 onto the same physical disk. Stop array. Unassign Disk 8. Start array. Stop array. Re-assign Disk 8. Start array and let it rebuild.

Your motherboard SATA ports appear to be in IDE emulation mode. You should change them in your BIOS to AHCI mode.

You're running an old version of unRAID (6.2). You should upgrade to 6.2.4.

Thanks John. Not sure why it dropped offline. I rebuild disk 8 once before because of the exact same problem.

I have one disk in my Media server which fails to come on line if the BIOS is set to a 'fast boot'.  (It happened with two different MB's!)  I can remember having a similar issue about twenty years ago when I had to set a BIOS to do a full memory check to allow a hard disk to get up to speed so it would come on line before the boot process started.

Dropping off-line and being disabled are two different things. A disk drops off-line if the controller loses contact with it. unRAID disables a disk if a write operation fails and continues with the disk being emulated.

Checking the cables and cycling the power brought the disk back on-line (the evidence is the fact that a SMART report could be obtained from it) but it will remain disabled until you rebuild it.

Thanks John. Not sure why it dropped offline. I rebuild disk 8 once before because of the exact same problem.

I have one disk in my Media server which fails to come on line if the BIOS is set to a 'fast boot'.  (It happened with two different MB's!)  I can remember having a similar issue about twenty years ago when I had to set a BIOS to do a full memory check to allow a hard disk to get up to speed so it would come on line before the boot process started.

Dropping off-line and being disabled are two different things. A disk drops off-line if the controller loses contact with it. unRAID disables a disk if a write operation fails and continues with the disk being emulated.

Checking the cables and cycling the power brought the disk back on-line (the evidence is the fact that a SMART report could be obtained from it) but it will remain disabled until you rebuild it.

You are right.  Now, as I think back on it, The disk on my Media server was listed as 'missing' which I believe is another category from 'dropping off-line' or being 'disabled'.