Not able to copy to array

2 minutes ago, dougnliz said:

So I was able to copy the file from the cache disk to the array using midnight commander.  It seemed quite slow but was successful.  It said it was copying around 33 MB/s.

That is not an unreasonable speed for writes to the parity array. There are actually 2 different ways to configure writing with parity.

10 hours ago, trurl said:

That is not an unreasonable speed for writes to the parity array. There are actually 2 different ways to configure writing with parity.

Agreed that number seems fairly normal.  It just felt slow while I was watching it.

When I try to copy from Windows to the Array it's still failing though.  The copy starts okay, but then trails off to nothing and eventually fails.

• Upvote 1

I was still running version 6.1.9 so I decided to give the upgrade a try.  The upgrade to 6.3.2 went smooth and everything seems to be working okay.

I tried the copy from Windows again and this time it succeeded.  It's still a bit odd though as the copy speed fluctuates from 100+ MB/s down to < 1 MB/s.  It stalled a few times but ultimately didn't fail though which is good.

Are these wide speed fluctuations normal now?

Doug