Do mapped network drives keep array spun up?

I have been battling for months with my disks spinning up and I don't know why.  Both Parity disks are spinning up and disk 4 is spinning up.  Whenever I look at my server those 3 disks are spinning and I cannot figure out why.  I am not as smart as you guys when it comes to figuring this stuff out. Can anybody please help me?  I completely uninstalled Plex docker and I thought I got rid of all traces of plex on the UnRaid box.  I am going to let my desktop be my Plex server and just access the mapped network drives.  I have plex on my desktop set to not update the library automatically.  Do mapped drives keep smbd open all the time?  I assume something is writing but I cant figure it out.  I think the drives spin down once in a while but I think its rare.  Attached log, and snap shot of open files.  Any help is SUPER appreciated. 

Spun up.JPG

tower-diagnostics-20161025-1926.zip

If you have Dynamix Cache Dirs installed, its part of it.

As for the question, mapped drives do not by themselves keep the drives spinning.  However If your Windows box is say using that mapped drive as one of its library locations, then Windows may scan the folders / files periodically and update metadata, etc. 

Well it seems my web gui is locked up again.  This happens every few days and the only way I can fix it is to do an unclean powerdown and then boot up and parity check.  No idea why this is happening either.  I really want to upgrade my flash drive to a new one, and add 4 more GB of RAM and then do a fresh install of UnRaid.  I have nothing but problems anymore.  I used to have up-time periods of months.  Now I don't get more than a few days. 

Since the lockup is a separate issue I am going to start a new thread for it.

Edited by allischalmersman

Thanks for all the help. File Activity showed me that my desktop backup was what was constantly writing.  I am pretty confident I found the problem. I feel like an idiot.  It was set to backup hourly...... I cant believe I have let this go on for months....  Again thanks for the help.  You guys are quite a resource. 

Edited by allischalmersman