Setting up TV Series Share

I have unRAID Server Plus v6.3.2 and I'm trying to setup my TV Series share...  I have about 8TB (361 Folders, 15,085 Files) to copy to my 12TB array...

I have setup the share to use the High-water allocation method, with a Minimum free space setting of 30GB (as my largest file is about 14GB), and the

Split level is set to Automatically split only the top three directory levels as required.  My question is, If I copy all of these files at once (using Windows 8.1

SMB copy to my mapped network TV Series Share), how can I insure that the files are spread evenly across my 9 hard drives?  Do I have to copy them

in chunks, or can I simply copy them all at once?  I want to ensure there is at least 15% free space on each hard drive.

unRAID Server Layout.jpg

unRAID Server Shares.jpg

Two points.  First, unRAID won't fill drives evenly as the copy is underway with high watermark - that will be the end result, but with high watermark it will fill one drive to the high watermark, then the next, etc.  If you want to see it fill drives evenly then you'd use most free, but that spreads your files all over the place.  High watermark is preferred.  Second, if you really want to guarantee 15% free space then you'll need to adjust the minimum free space.  The traditional role of minimum free space is the biggest single file size you intend to copy to the share.  But that's eventually going to fill the drive up to 99.9%.  Is there a reason you want to keep 15% free?  That's pretty generous.

I found that filling a hard drive to more than 85-90% capacity tends to slow the drive down...  Also, most hard drive manufacturers recommend

not filling your hard drive to 99.9%...  I'm just trying to distribute the 8TB of data evenly across all 9 hard drives....  Is there no way to do this?

Edited by RGauld