Installing dockers and docker image on unmanaged device?

So, my motherboard died on me, I sent it off for a replacement.

Did a fresh new install of Unraid on the same USB to start from scratch.

Replacement motherboard came yesterday, created the array (same parity and data).

I was using a 1TB SSD for cache, but I figured there's little point, and just got a new mechanical for that job and I was planning to instal Plex on the unmanaged SSD that I have.

But, it looks like things have changed since I last set this up. It looks like I now have four additional directories added to the array by default, appdata, domains, isos and system.

How do I install the docker image, and appdata on to an unmanaged device?

I think the issue that I'm having is I'm not able to create a share on an unmanaged device.

I've downloaded the 'Unassigned Devices' plugin to try fix this issue. But, I'm still unable to create an /appdata folder on there. And therefore can't install Plex on the unmanaged device.

10 minutes ago, Jawswing said:

I think the issue that I'm having is I'm not able to create a share on an unmanaged device.

I've downloaded the 'Unassigned Devices' plugin to try fix this issue. But, I'm still unable to create an /appdata folder on there. And therefore can't install Plex on the unmanaged device.

Shares are really only relevant when trying to access folders over the network. And in any case, you should be able to share an Unassigned Disk. It will never be part of the User Shares, which isn't at all necessary for what we are talking about here.

How have you tried to create an appdata folder on your Unassigned Device? Normally an Unassigned Device shows up as /mnt/disks/whatever-it-is-mounted-as/. You should be able to go to Settings - Docker and browse to the folder to tell it where to put appdata.

• Upvote 1