Docker and cache drive

So i have just added a cache drive that i want some of my docker containers to utilise, sabnzbd for instance. I created a "download" share which have "Cache enabled: Yes".

The question is, which folder should i point my folder mappings in the docker configuration to? /mnt/cache/ or /mnt/user like before?

I tried pointing them to /mnt/cache/downloads and it seems to work just fine, but just in case something messes up with "mover" and similar tools that takes care of the cache?

/mint/cache/downloads is not the correct mapping. Final location is /mnt/user/downloads. Assuming you have a downloads share. File will land in cache/downloads, but mover will put it in the array. If you setup sab correctly, it will post process by moving to your movie or tv share. There should rarely be anything in the /cache/downloads folder.

remember, the cache drive is just a temporary station for you files.

1 hour ago, ruvil said:

So i have just added a cache drive that i want some of my docker containers to utilise, sabnzbd for instance. I created a "download" share which have "Cache enabled: Yes".

Are you sure that's what you want to do?  It's up to you, but it is common that another post-processing program like SickBeard, SickRage, or Sonarr, etc. is running.  If so, those programs will pick a file up from wherever it is downloaded and move it - for instance to a destination like /mnt/user/Media.  That way, the post-processing program moves the file to the appropriate place in the array, rather than having Mover just move the Downloads directory to the array.

Any downloads that I do are on a Cache: Only share, and some kind of post processing cleans them up, renames them, and moves them onto the array.

And to your question, /mnt/user/downloads is the official correct way to do it, but as you noticed /mnt/cache/downloads works fine in many cases.  /mnt/user/downloads is better in that you let unRAID determine where the file is supposed to go and can make use of the Cache: Preferred option.

41 minutes ago, tdallen said:

Are you sure that's what you want to do?  It's up to you, but it is common that another post-processing program like SickBeard, SickRage, or Sonarr, etc. is running.  If so, those programs will pick a file up from wherever it is downloaded and move it - for instance to a destination like /mnt/user/Media.  That way, the post-processing program moves the file to the appropriate place in the array, rather than having Mover just move the Downloads directory to the array.

Any downloads that I do are on a Cache: Only share, and some kind of post processing cleans them up, renames them, and moves them onto the array.

And to your question, /mnt/user/downloads is the official correct way to do it, but as you noticed /mnt/cache/downloads works fine in many cases.  /mnt/user/downloads is better in that you let unRAID determine where the file is supposed to go and can make use of the Cache: Preferred option.

Ah. Yes this is how it is configured. Sabnzbd downloads to /mnt/user/downloads right now which is on ssd cache and then sonarr takes care of the files and moves them to my media share which is not cached on the ssd. I might have been a bit unclear in my description.

Thank you hernandito for the input as well!

After reading this, I think mine might be incorrect as well, but I'm not 100% sure.

Here are my settings:

SAB:

/downloads -> /mnt/cache/system/docker/AppData/SABnzbd/Downloads/complete

/tv -> /mnt/user/TV Shows

/config -> /mnt/cache/system/docker/AppData/SABnzbd

Sonarr:

/downloads -> /mnt/cache/system/docker/AppData/SABnzbd/Downloads/complete

/tv -> /mnt/user/TV Shows

/config -> /mnt/cache/system/docker/AppData/Sonarr

If I navigate to my cache disk, I see the docker image, along with an AppData folder.

On 7/25/2017 at 6:37 AM, ruvil said:

I created a "download" share which have "Cache enabled: Yes".

On 7/25/2017 at 9:56 AM, tdallen said:

Are you sure you didn't overlook the cache setting when you said:

On 7/25/2017 at 10:39 AM, ruvil said:

Yes this is how it is configured.