Downgrade to stable?

1 minute ago, miniwalks said:

Afaik if you copy the bz files from /previous on the flash drive and reboot you'll go back to where you were before.

If your previous isn't 6.3.5, download it from LT and copy the BZ files over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting from unRAID 6.4rc7 the ability is added to select between "stable" and "next" branches. This allows easy installation from the GUI for either version.

19 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Starting from unRAID 6.4rc7 the ability is added to select between "stable" and "next" branches. This allows easy installation from the GUI for either version.

Although this does bring up a scenario where somebody is running rc6 with no issues and then upgrades to rc7a to find they do have problems how they can downgrade to the previous rc version rather than going back to stable.,

8 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Although this does bring up a scenario where somebody is running rc6 with no issues and then upgrades to rc7a to find they do have problems how they can downgrade to the previous rc version rather than going back to stable.,

Downgrading from rc7 to rc6 requires the "normal" procedure of copying back the folder /previous to the root and restart the server.

1 minute ago, Squid said:

Unless you were on rc7a and installed 7 and now need to go back to 6  B|

The lifespan of rc7 was only a few hours, I suppose most people upgraded from rc6 to rc7a. Only those "impatient and never can wait" guys have this issue, but don't worry rc8 is coming :D

6 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

You normally manage till at least d

Not anymore.  I've learned that it looks better to simply go to sleep and release a new dated version the next day.

But most of those "a"s are because of the necessity to support 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4, and its always 6.3/6.2 that requires the fixes.

27 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Is it worth seeing if that could be incorporated into the webui?  @DZMM had this issue recently iirc

A .plg file always refers to the latest available release and it would require a rewrite of the plugin system to make a selection of individual versions possible. Personally I don't see that happening. As you know rc releases are installed at your own risk B|

2 minutes ago, bonienl said:

A .plg file always refers to the latest available release and it would require a rewrite of the plugin system to make a selection of individual versions possible. Personally I don't see that happening. As you know rc releases are installed at your own risk B|

I wasn't thinking of a complete rewrite, more a button to rename /previous and restore the previous install.

2 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Is it worth seeing if that could be incorporated into the webui?  @DZMM had this issue recently iirc

The previous folder 'failed' for me, because I did a double update  - update unraid version and then update dvb version, so I didn't have rc6 in the previous folder.  

Fromnow on, I'll manually update just the dvb version when it comes out so I can use the previous folder if something goes wrong.

Just now, DZMM said:

The previous folder 'failed' for me, because I did a double update  - update unraid version and then update dvb version, so I didn't have rc6 in the previous folder.  

Fromnow on, I'll manually update just the dvb version when it comes out so I can use the previous folder if something goes wrong.

Once you're on the RC path, any further updates can be done solely with the DVB plugin.  I force users to upgrade to RC first due to the changes in how the bz files are constructed.

• 4 years later...