how to fix "appdata path does not exist" error?

Not sure how exactly I messed up my installation, but I must have done something wrong when uninstalling Dolphin and now Krusader doesn't work anymore.

When I look into the Docker settings panel I see this error message, which must be part of (if not *the*) reason my Krusader Docker won't work anymore:

Default appdata storage location:  Path does not exist

I tried to recreate the appdata folder inside of the user folder via midnight commander, but get an error when trying to do so (in the middle of a large move operation in mc, so I can't say what the full error message was, but I remember it ended with "error 123".

what can I do to get Krusader to work again? my gut-feeling is that fixing the appdata path would go a long way toward repairing it, but can't be sure.

I am also always unsure about the correct parameters when installing Dockers, so I may have something configured incorrectly on top of the appdata issue.
I attached my current Krusader config screengrabs, if anyone could look at them and let me know whether those, at least, appear to be correct.

screenshot_300.png

ok, I swapped those path statements and restarted the Docker, but am still getting the attached error...would any change in this section only cause it to start working again without the issue with the appdata directory missing? I think that one needs to be addressed first to even have a chance of it working, no? 

screenshot_301.png

well, actually, while the Krusader Docker now starts, going into the /mnt shows no drives whatsoever...I de-installed Dolphin, bc I didn't really like its UI, but in Dolphin /mnt shoed all of my mounted disks from 1 through 15 plus the USB flash drive...so the path statements in the Krusader Docker must still contain an error, but what is that error?

I just discovered the same thing, trurl.

And yes, you're right. I will need to understand this better. I love Dockers and the only reason why I haven't explored and utilized more of them is that I always have issues figuring out the correct install parameters and path statements. Do you know of a place where I can find the most concise explanation/manual of those?

Thanks for chiming in, trurl-san!

The path /mnt/user has all the user shares. A volume mapped to /mnt/user will have the user shares in it.

The path /mnt has /mnt/disk1, ..., /mnt/cache, /mnt/user. A volume mapped to /mnt will have all the disks including cache, and would also include user, the folder that has the user shares in it. So there is no way to exclude /mnt/user from /mnt.

It is possible to have a mapping to each disk individually. For example, a volume mapped to /mnt/disk1 would only have disk1 in it.

When mapping volumes, the Host Path is simply the path unRAID would use to access the files/folders, and the Container Volume is simply the path the container would use to access those same files/folders.

What Container Volumes should map to what Host Paths depends on the specific docker. Many dockers have default mappings that are setup when you install the docker using Community Applications, usually a mapping for the applications working storage. And then you often have to add some additional mappings to give a docker access to the files you want.