Jump to content
Malfurious

[Support] Malfurious - Roundcube-Postfixadmin

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Support for Roundcube-Postfixadmin docker container

Application Name: Roundcube Webmail & Postfixadmin
Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/malfurious/roundcube-postfixadmin/
Github: https://github.com/Malfurious/roundcube-postfixadmin

Description: Roundcube Webmail + Plugins & Postfixadmin Webgui for email account administration.

Note: This docker is meant to be a companion to my Mailserver docker, linked here.

There is a step-by-step guide on how to set this up on GitHub. 


Post any questions, issues, or comments relating to this docker in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post

In Step 1, is the IP address the external ip address or the local ip address?

Thanks,

Kamhighway

1. Set required Environment Variables.

After looking at the above tabe, set variables as required.
If running manually, be sure to add this extra parameter: --add-host mail.domain.com:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Replace 'mail.domain.com' with your MAIL_HOST, and the 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' with your MAIL_HOST's IP Address.

Share this post


Link to post

Not sure what to make of this error in the logs?

[ERROR] Container IP not found with embedded DNS server... Abort !

Does the container have its own IP and an embedded DNS server?

Share this post


Link to post

Hmm, I have never come across that error before. I'll see if I can find some more info on it. Also, sorry for the long delay in responding, I was on an extended vacation.

Share this post


Link to post

@Malfurious

 

Thanks for your reply. Hope you had a great vacation! I like what you are trying to do with these dockers and appreciate your efforts.

 

Kamhighway

Share this post


Link to post

Please forgive me if I ask stupid questions but I am new to unraid. Testing it out to just not to see if I can transfer over from my synology nas.

 

I'm a little confused about the order I should be doing things.

 

So I have installed linuxserver/mariadb and linuxserver/letsencrypt - configured for my stuff and its reverse proxing everything to subdomains

 

I followed https://github.com/Malfurious/mailserver/wiki/Reverse-Proxy-Configuration and edited the default config and added a dns record with my provider for webmail.foodomain.com - should I be generating a cert for this subdomain? I did not do the Mailserver SSL Cert Configuration part as I dont know where to put it and its what led me to thinking I was doing things in the wrong order as the mail server is not installed yet

 

I am then trying to install your mailfurious mailserver and after that I should install mailfurious roundcube postfix admin? 

 

Well this is what I am trying to do and I am getting this error whenj installing the mailserver

-v "/mnt/user/appdata/malfurious-mailserver/":"/var/mail":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/malfurious-mailserver/redis":"/data":rw -v "":"/etc/letsencrypt":rw malfurious/mailserver
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Invalid volume spec ":/etc/letsencrypt:rw": Invalid volume specification: ':/etc/letsencrypt:rw'.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

 

I have left everything as default and the fields without defaults i have

Mail Server Hostname : mail.foodomain.com

MySQL Postfix Password: password for my mariadb

MySQL Host: mysql.foodomain.com (have registered this host alias with my router)

RSPAMD Password: made up a password

Mail Data Path:   now this is what I think I am getting wrong. I have tried the one hinted at of /var/mail, also tried /var/user/appdata/mailfurious-mailserver

 

I am probably being a dumbass but any help you can give would be ace!

 

Hope these ramblings make sense

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post

Any luck with the error

 

[ERROR] Container IP not found with embedded DNS server... Abort !

 

which kamhighway reported? I am also having a similar issue on a new unraid install.

If I disable networking the docker will run but obviously thats no use

but using either Host or bridge networking I get this error

Share this post


Link to post

Is there an option to install this docker with webmail disabled? I want to use it to configure the mailserver Docker, but I don't want to leave a webmail server accessible when it's not needed…

Share this post


Link to post

Has anyone had success setting this docker up?

I've only just started to look at it.  I'm a follow by example person.

Would love some tips necessary to get this going.

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/5/2017 at 1:46 AM, kamhighway said:

Not sure what to make of this error in the logs?

[ERROR] Container IP not found with embedded DNS server... Abort !

Does the container have its own IP and an embedded DNS server?

 

On 12/14/2017 at 5:14 PM, Gonesolo said:

Any luck with the error

 

[ERROR] Container IP not found with embedded DNS server... Abort !

 

which kamhighway reported? I am also having a similar issue on a new unraid install.

If I disable networking the docker will run but obviously thats no use

but using either Host or bridge networking I get this error

 

 

Hi,

 

Try this: 

 

Share this post


Link to post

No matter what I plugin to the MAIL_HOST field, I get the below error when trying to install.  What am I missing?

 

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='malfurious-roundcube-postfixadmin' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'MYSQL_HOST'='192.168.2.10' -e 'ROUND_USER'='roundcube' -e 'ROUND_PASS'='***' -e 'ROUND_DB'='roundcube' -e 'POST_USER'='postfix' -e 'POST_PASS'='***' -e 'POST_DB'='postfix' -e 'MAIL_HOST'='mail.***.com' -e 'ENABLE_IMAPS'='true' -e 'ENABLE_SMTPS'='true' -e 'DISABLE_INSTALLER'='false' -e 'ROUNDCUBE_PORT'='8888' -e 'POSTFIX_PORT'='8080' -e 'PASS_CRYPT'='' -p '8888:8888/tcp' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/malfurious-roundcube-postfixadmin':'/enigma':'rw' --add-host mail.domain.com:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 'malfurious/roundcube-postfixadmin' 
invalid argument "mail.domain.com:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" for --add-host: invalid IP address in add-host: "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
See 'docker run --help'.

The command failed.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/14/2018 at 7:23 PM, chiaramontef said:

No matter what I plugin to the MAIL_HOST field, I get the below error when trying to install.  What am I missing?

 

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='malfurious-roundcube-postfixadmin' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'MYSQL_HOST'='192.168.2.10' -e 'ROUND_USER'='roundcube' -e 'ROUND_PASS'='***' -e 'ROUND_DB'='roundcube' -e 'POST_USER'='postfix' -e 'POST_PASS'='***' -e 'POST_DB'='postfix' -e 'MAIL_HOST'='mail.***.com' -e 'ENABLE_IMAPS'='true' -e 'ENABLE_SMTPS'='true' -e 'DISABLE_INSTALLER'='false' -e 'ROUNDCUBE_PORT'='8888' -e 'POSTFIX_PORT'='8080' -e 'PASS_CRYPT'='' -p '8888:8888/tcp' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/malfurious-roundcube-postfixadmin':'/enigma':'rw' --add-host mail.domain.com:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 'malfurious/roundcube-postfixadmin' 
invalid argument "mail.domain.com:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" for --add-host: invalid IP address in add-host: "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
See 'docker run --help'.

The command failed.

Hey,
 

I got the same error and i solved it.
Change to Advanced View in the Docker settings and then edit the Extra Parameters. This helped me.

But I got another problem now. When I started the postfixadmin setup (http://myip:8080/setup.php) I got the following error:
grafik.png.caeec64f2b790b92f9e57ff0c9cf09ba.png

 

Can someone help me with that?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.