[Solved] Network drop from 1000mb to 100mb

sevenz

Hello, I tried searching the forum, but found nothing, either my keyword sucks or no such problem ever posted.

lol.png.7ece54f87e532b8b3888b3b236bc75a0.png

NIC Link is up 100Mbps instead of 1000Mbps. Any idea what caused it? I'm not sure what that exceed max 2 second means. Is it a problem with the router or my setting in NAS?

Here is my setup.

model.png.7e632a1f6a735bf8fb84c068085bbdca.png

I have a VM that is passthrough as well, would that cause it?

Edited by sevenz

11 hours ago, Squid said:

Bad or loose cable?

Loose cable seems like it. I just changed it like a month ago because of the same problem. I plugged it out and back and now it's green light with 1000mbps speed.

But how can loose cable still get connection? I thought it's supposed to just lose connection?

18 minutes ago, sevenz said:

Loose cable seems like it. I just changed it like a month ago because of the same problem. I plugged it out and back and now it's green light with 1000mbps speed.

But how can loose cable still get connection? I thought it's supposed to just lose connection?

TX-100 and TX-1000 uses the wires differently, which means TX-100 can work where TX-1000 doesn't.

TX-100 only needs two of the pairs, while TX-1000 needs all four pairs.

Besides that, TX-1000 uses a higher bandwidth through each pair making it more sensitive to a bad connection.

10 minutes ago, pwm said:

TX-100 and TX-1000 uses the wires differently, which means TX-100 can work where TX-1000 doesn't.

TX-100 only needs two of the pairs, while TX-1000 needs all four pairs.

Besides that, TX-1000 uses a higher bandwidth through each pair making it more sensitive to a bad connection.

Ah got it! Guess if it does happen again I`ll try to get a new cable. Didn't know the cable is very sensitive.

• 4 years later...