(Solved) Cannot install Plex on Unraid version 6.4.0 - no such file or directory

Yipee

On 24/01/2018 at 10:39 PM, Squid said:

Did you use the Previous Apps section?

Your docker.img han't run out of space (only 2G used on the last diagnostics)

I think there was a mixup between my questions and Yipee's :)

Quite understandable as the problem looks similar.

I am right now looking in how to properly restore my previous 6.4-working docker.img and related appdata folders.

1 hour ago, denishay said:

I think there was a mixup between my questions and Yipee's :)

Probably because you hijacked Yipee's thread.

This is the EXACT reason why you start your OWN thread, instead of posting your problem into somebody else's thread. The symptoms may be similar, but the cause and resolution can be totally different.

I had terrible problems with all my dockers and part of the issue was that some of the files existed on both an array drive and the cache. I found the only way to get back to 'normal' was to delete all the support files in Appdata for Dockers on the array and the Cache then begin from scratch. You will lose all config data. It might be possible to copy some files elsewhere onto the array into a directory with a completely different name. This did work for me for everything I was worried about except Plex, where the support files are so numerous my server continually crashed. I still have a Docker.img file that exists on the cache and in the array that I can't fix. I also have a Mariadb database that I can't access but Nodered can.

When copying make sure that you get the files you want as there may be two, one on the array and one on the cache.

7 hours ago, rjstott said:

I had terrible problems with all my dockers and part of the issue was that some of the files existed on both an array drive and the cache. I found the only way to get back to 'normal' was to delete all the support files in Appdata for Dockers on the array and the Cache then begin from scratch. You will lose all config data. It might be possible to copy some files elsewhere onto the array into a directory with a completely different name. This did work for me for everything I was worried about except Plex, where the support files are so numerous my server continually crashed. I still have a Docker.img file that exists on the cache and in the array that I can't fix. I also have a Mariadb database that I can't access but Nodered can.

When copying make sure that you get the files you want as there may be two, one on the array and one on the cache.

Thank you for your suggestion. I already tried that, deleted the appdata folder from my array. I went as far as preclear/reformatted my cache drive thinking it may be corrupted but still no luck. Same error. Not sure what else to try other than looking into reverting back to Unraid 6.3.5 maybe.

Hi all,

I know my problem was not exactly the same as Yipee's, but I'll leave some feedback here in case someone has a similar issue in the future.

So in the end, I had prepared everything to completely restore my old docker.img and appdata, but decided to give another try at Squid's suggestion.

I then:

• Deleted the problematic (formerly orphaned) images

• Reinstalled them using Community Apps but this time making sure to select the Previously installed tab [I hadn't done that the first time I reinstalled]

And wonders of wonders, everything works again!!!

As a side note, the upgrade to 6.4 forced me to add the following extra parameter to my letsencrypt docker (as explained here: https://www.linuxserver.io/2018/01/11/psa-changes-to-our-lets-encrypt-container/)

-e HTTPVAL=true

Archived