Missing Data

So, I woke up to a nightmare this morning, and I'm wondering if anyone here can help me or at least help me know what went wrong. For some reason between 11:30pm and 5am last night all of my multiple terabyte comic collection disappeared from my server. The directories are all in place, but they're now empty.

I run Mylar and YCAReader docker containers and have never had a problem over the last few years. Last week I added the Ubiquity container to try out its interface for serving my comic collection on my home network, but those are the only docker containers that have access to my Comics folder.

I have no idea if I might be able to find this data (or repair it?), or how I can find out what happened (if there is a log or anything that would show this). 

Any ideas?

I had a look at your diagnostics file and there appears to be some error condition issues in it.  I am hoping that one of the true Gurus like @johnnie.black will come across this thread and have a look at it for you.  

In the mean time, you can open a open up a terminal program and log onto your server.  

At the Command line run these two commands:

cd /mnt/user

ls -al

Look and see if you have any shares  that have names Media and media ----  Two shares with identical names EXCEPT for capitalization will give SMB fits.  If the directories with missing files in deep into the file structure, you can just move down the change with a command that looks like this:

cd Media 

See if you can find any files in places where they should not be...

Don't see nothing out of the ordinary, how much data in TB is missing? The disk are all pretty full:

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/md1        3.7T  3.3T  377G  90% /mnt/disk1
/dev/md2        2.8T  2.5T  324G  89% /mnt/disk2
/dev/md3        3.7T  3.2T  466G  88% /mnt/disk3
/dev/md4        3.7T  3.2T  466G  88% /mnt/disk4
/dev/md5        3.7T  3.2T  463G  88% /mnt/disk5
/dev/md6        3.7T  3.1T  603G  84% /mnt/disk6

Cool, I'll check it out. I think I've been fairly consid

1 minute ago, Frank1940 said:

I had a look at your diagnostics file and there appears to be some error condition issues in it.  I am hoping that one of the true Gurus like @johnnie.black will come across this thread and have a look at it for you.  

In the mean time, you can open a open up a terminal program and log onto your server.  

At the Command line run these two commands:

cd /mnt/user

ls -al

Look and see if you have any shares  that have names Media and media ----  Two shares with identical names EXCEPT for capitalization will give SMB fits.  If the directories with missing files in deep into the file structure, you can just move down the change with a command that looks like this:

cd Media 

See if you can find any files in places where they should not be...

Thanks, I'll check it out. I think I've been fairly consistent with my file structure naming scheme, but who knows. 

1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

Don't see nothing out of the ordinary, how much data in TB is missing? The disk are all pretty full:

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/md1        3.7T  3.3T  377G  90% /mnt/disk1
/dev/md2        2.8T  2.5T  324G  89% /mnt/disk2
/dev/md3        3.7T  3.2T  466G  88% /mnt/disk3
/dev/md4        3.7T  3.2T  466G  88% /mnt/disk4
/dev/md5        3.7T  3.2T  463G  88% /mnt/disk5
/dev/md6        3.7T  3.1T  603G  84% /mnt/disk6

I spoke mistakenly in my first message, it's 200Gb that are missing. But, you're right, the disks are pretty full, which makes me wonder if the files have just moved somewhere. I've tried looking manually (with Krusader) and from command line using this command: find /mnt/user -name '*.cbr, but haven't found them yet. Hopefully I will, but I'm still wondering how they got moved to begin with!