Drive failure

sevenz

SMART for parity also looks fine but the error is more consistent with a disk problem, so you should run an extended SMART test.

If all is well rebuild disk2, it would be much safer to use a new disk in case the rebuild goes wrong, but if you prefer, depending how important is the data and if you have backups, you can also rebuild to the old disk.

Edit: either way don't forget to replace the SATA cable for disk2

3 minutes ago, sevenz said:

Thanks for the help! I will try replacing first the SATA Cable, if it doesnt help, maybe next month I`ll purchase the disk.

It is fine running with a red X, content emulated for now?

No that is not an acceptable state, your array is unprotected until the disk is rebuilt, either to itself or to a new disk.

27 minutes ago, sevenz said:

Ah alright, I will replace the SATA cable first and see if it helps. Thanks!

Replacing the SATA cable may help, but it won't get your array back to a normal state. The disk must be rebuilt.

unRAID disables a disk when a write fails. But the write still updates parity, and any subsequent writes to the emulated disk also update parity. The contents of the physical disk are now invalid, and out of sync with parity, but the array is emulating the disk, and the emulated contents are valid and in sync with parity.

So the disk must be rebuilt, either to itself or to another disk.

Archived