Help disabling DVD / Bluray drive disc tray eject button

The title says pretty much what i need. After avoiding the inevitable from happening one of my kids snapped my Bluray drive disc tray off. Now i need to buy a new one but that would be pointless without some safety precautions. I can't move the server to a safer location for the foreseeable future. I am looking for a more child-safe case with a door. With that said if there is a less expensive or free solution i much prefer that since i don't really have 80 bucks for a new drive let alone another 80 for a case with a door (guessing on the price). I've been looking but it seems like the solutions require you to be in an OS like ubuntu or windows to disable it. I was wondering if there is a way to disable it in unraid and use a software button to open and close the tray. I don't see any dockers or in os options and i don't know of any hardware solutions unless there is a Bluray with a child safety lock on it that someone knows of that isn't too expensive. Any ideas

Thanks,

Grimmdus 

Sketch14225838.jpg

Been there done that. Now if only a good spanking was 100% effective on a 2 year old. 
8tracks were still not there yet. The old world was much more kid proof. Only thing I remember breaking was one of moms potted plants in a friendly wrestling match. I received guidance...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It may not help you that much, but I have taken to using black masking tape and 50 pence pieces taped over all such buttons to stop my 2 year old pressing them and turning computers (and server) off. The next step is moving my server to the workshop/garage well away from him - but in the meantime the coins taped over the buttons works for me.

1 hour ago, tr0910 said:

8tracks were still not there yet. The old world was much more kid proof. Only thing I remember breaking was one of moms potted plants in a friendly wrestling match. I received guidance...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Pretty much..though i did break a couple figurines too.

16 minutes ago, aspdend said:

It may not help you that much, but I have taken to using black masking tape and 50 pence pieces taped over all such buttons to stop my 2 year old pressing them and turning computers (and server) off. The next step is moving my server to the workshop/garage well away from him - but in the meantime the coins taped over the buttons works for me.

I've tried tape, it's almost like a magnet to my son he has to peel it off. Coins can work, but only if the button is flush which unfortunately mine wasn't, we will see what the new drive is like, x fingers. Found a couple cases that might help but both have power buttons pretty prominent outside of the doors too... gotta figure something out though.

4 minutes ago, Grimmdus said:

I've tried tape, it's almost like a magnet to my son he has to peel it off. Coins can work, but only if the button is flush which unfortunately mine wasn't, we will see what the new drive is like, x fingers. Found a couple cases that might help but both have power buttons pretty prominent outside of the doors too... gotta figure something out though.

Yeah - mine also is attracted to the tape - but I overdo it by a lot so he just can't get it off - if the button isn't flush, I've found a bottle cap works well...

I know that some of the large computer vendors have delivered computers where you push the CD/DVD disk itself partway into a slot where the mechanism would 'pick-it-up' and finish loading it.  There was an eject button to retrieve the disk which reversed the process.  I never seen one for sale but the vendors would have to have replacement.  (Dell, Hp or Asus would be the outfits I would start with.)