Using dnsmasq that is built into unraid for NAT Loopback or Split DNS

deaerator

1 hour ago, deaerator said:

1. Using built in dnsmasq, is it possible to add an entry to work around NAT Loopback or Split DNS

2. If I can, how do I add that entry?

The DNS service on unRAID is unaware of the public address used on the WAN interface of your router. Any hairpinning has to be done on your router.

1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

What router have you got?  

It's pretty obvious you're attached to it.

You sure your router doesn't support it?

I have a Sagecom Router (Home Hub 3000),  I already asked my ISP about and they don't support it.  I just didn't want to buy another router because I need the router for TV.

Unless there is router that supports Fibre Optic Cable with Vlans and HPNA Network

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2018 at 6:36 PM, deaerator said:

I have a Sagecom Router (Home Hub 3000),  I already asked my ISP about and they don't support it.  I just didn't want to buy another router because I need the router for TV.

Unless there is router that supports Fibre Optic Cable with Vlans and HPNA Network

You find a solution for this? Considering spinning up some services myself, and I'm in your same situation (Bell Fibe customer?). Additionally, I wanted to get things entirely up and tested before I setup the port forwards on the router, so being able to do a split dns would be useful.

Archived