Hard Drive Problem

deaerator

It looks like you have rebooted the server to see if that would fix it so any event which caused unRAID to disable the disk is now gone unless you can find the previous syslog in the logs folder of the flash drive.  

I am not seeing anything in the SMART data to indicate that the disk has any problem.  I would suggest that you try to re-enable that disk and see if that will bring it back on line. Double check that all of the cables are securely seated on that drive.  (be very careful you don't disturb any other connectors when you do this!!!)  You can find the procedure for doing that here:

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/Troubleshooting#Re-enable_the_drive

I would personally use the reconstruct method and not the 'Trust my Array' Method.  

10 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

I would personally use the reconstruct method and not the 'Trust my Array' Method.  

There is seldom a good reason to use 'Trust'. unRAID disables a disk because a write fails. But that failed write, and any subsequent writes, are emulated by the array by updating parity. So, the disk contents are invalid and out-of-sync with parity, but the valid data is in the parity array and can be used to rebuild the disk so it is valid.

The safest option for rebuilding is to use another known good disk for the rebuild. That way you keep the original disk in reserve if there are any problems rebuilding. But if you are careful with all the connections, and no other disk is having issues, it is OK to rebuild to the same disk if you don't have a spare.

Also, for future reference, it isn't necessary to attach SMART report in addition to diagnostics since diagnostics contains SMART for all disks.

Archived