Lost shares and dockers since moving things around.

alexdodd

Ok so back story, i've been "playing" with unraid for a while, but it was just full of old small drives, whilst I tested.  That all changed when I bought a 2tb drive and 2 1tb drives to replace and upgrade.

All went well, I followed the guides replaced the parity drive for larger and rsync-ed the smaller drive onto the larger, and the final drive I powered down removed, and replaced with the final 1tb drive and rebuilt.  

This is where I appear to have all went manner of wrong. :(  I no longer have dockers, or shares available to me, however browsing the contents everything is still there, and all appdata.  I can also access all my shares via SMB over the network.  The size of what unraid thinks is on the disks all adds up right too.  So i'm sure I have my data, I just don't know how to correct things so unraid shows the docks and shares again?

Kinda worried, but i'm sure its fixable.... :D =/  

Not sure if the syslog shows what anyone might need to help me?  doesnt seem to go back far?

alexserver-syslog-20180317-2330.zip

1 hour ago, alexdodd said:

doesnt seem to go back far?

Diagnostics and syslog only go back to the last reboot, so it is best to get them before rebooting.

You have some incompatible plugins. See here:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/66327-unraid-os-version-650-stable-release-update-notes/

Are you supposed to have a cache disk? There is an unassigned disk but no cache.

And you don't have a docker image, so of course, no dockers. Take care of the things in the update link I gave and then we can go from there.

Oh yes, I almost certainly upgraded over the last few days when I brought the whole thing back online, I didn't even think about clicking Ok.  No prechecks done, no threads checked, no warning on unraid to do that :(

Ok so I've selected no to a cache drive, and I never had one previously, nor ever selected one, so i'm not sure why that was selected.

I've uninstalled preclear, statsistics, and everything else not compatible, and installed the new CA plugin and Fix Common Problems.

My shares tab has repopulated, hurrah, however my docker tab hasn't.

Do I have to reinstall my dockers? Can I point them to the existing appdata and let it do its thing?

Thanks for the help so far :)

3 hours ago, alexdodd said:

Ok so I've selected no to a cache drive, and I never had one previously, nor ever selected one, so i'm not sure why that was selected.

I was just asking if you used to have a disk assigned to cache. That is where many people would install their docker image and appdata, so I thought perhaps the unassigned device I saw in your diagnostics was a cache drive that had somehow gone missing, which would explain why docker image was gone.

Were you using that unassigned disk as an unassigned disk for your dockers? If so then you need to figure out why it isn't automounting so the system can find it when it starts the docker service.

3 hours ago, alexdodd said:

My shares tab has repopulated, hurrah, however my docker tab hasn't.

If none of the things I said above about the docker image seem to help, go to Settings - Docker and if docker service isn't enabled, that explains why you have no docker tab. You will have to create a docker image.

Then, after the docker service is started, you can go to Community Applications, Previous Apps and it will let you reinstall your previous apps with all of their previous settings intact.

For the record i did just end up downloading the dockers again, using the pre-exisiting appdata, and mostly everything seems to work.  I've forgotten a few of the settings I'd put together with some dockers, but thats user error :D

All looks to be good again me thinks, and now I can actually add extra storage and use it like I planned.

//Edit: Posted exactly the same time.  So in answer, no cache drive, and docker was enabled, and as you said, I had to redownload the images and just make sure the mount points where right etc... :)  

Thanks for your help, and I'm glad I came to ask, because I hadn't realised there was a big version bump happening because ive been out the loop for about 6 months, and also barely used the project.  Plan to actually get it working properly now!

1 minute ago, alexdodd said:

I've forgotten a few of the settings I'd put together with some dockers, but thats user error :D

If you had used the Previous Apps feature of Community Applications, there wouldn't have been any need to try to remember the settings, since it would have just used the previous settings that were already stored on flash (which is how the system remember the previous settings when it starts or updates dockers).

7 minutes ago, alexdodd said:

ive been out the loop for about 6 months

If you don't often check on your server, be sure you have setup Notifications so it can notify you if there are problems. Many people have allowed problems to accumulate to the point of losing data simply because they were unaware they had problems.

Just now, trurl said:

If you don't often check on your server, be sure you have setup Notifications so it can notify you if there are problems. Many people have allowed problems to accumulate to the point of losing data simply because they were unaware they had problems.

It was powered down.

Moved flat, new job, Christmas, somehow its March already ?

Archived