gbdavidx

how do you purchase a key?

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Get a trial version running, you can purchase it from inside the trial.

I have a trial version running already, not sure why this is so difficult, this has got to be those most ridiculous process to do in order to purchase a key

26 minutes ago, gbdavidx said:

I have a trial version running already, not sure why this is so difficult, this has got to be those most ridiculous process to do in order to purchase a key

Given that the USB thumb drive is used as a hardware lock and you buy a key locked to the GUID of a key, it's rather practical with a solution where you can buy the key from a running system.

And the first FAQ you see when you click on the pricing link is:

How do I purchase a registration key?

Registration keys are purchased after you download and install the software to your server.

On 4/16/2018 at 10:19 AM, gbdavidx said:

Right, the messaging on the website could be a lot better - we're working on that.

We have you purchase through the unRAID OS webGUI for 2 main reasons:

1. It saves you from having to manually enter a 27-character GUID string.  Even using select/copy/paste this is error prone.
  2. It proves that unRAID OS runs on your hardware.  This eliminates a huge number of refund requests.