Help updating!

DrockinWV

Hey everyone!

I have been running UnRaid for awhile now, really not doing anything with it other than using a Plex plug in for movies. Well today one of my drives crashed on my PC and it was not backed up, so I lost a ton of information that I should have been more careful with. I know UnRaid is a powerful tool and I'm trying to learn how to use it currently to reach a higher potential. However my current version is really out of date (6.2.4) and I'm not sure how to go about updating it. If anyone could point me in the right direction of how to get it updated (in the most dumbed-down way possible) to its most current state it would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks for the link! I have been through all the steps, but have gotten stuck on this particular one: 

• Stop the array
  • (If 6.3.5 or earlier) Go to Plugins and update the unRAID OS plugin (but don't reboot yet)

When going to Plugins and update for the unRAID OS, I have no option to update.

Untitled-1.jpg

Okay I believe I found the issue. When prompting the update of the OS, the plugin install fails giving me this issue:

boot device shows 143560 free but upgrade needs 166468
plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 1

Does this mean that the USB I'm using for the OS is too small to run the newer OS?

3 minutes ago, DrockinWV said:

Okay I believe I found the issue. When prompting the update of the OS, the plugin install fails giving me this issue:

boot device shows 143560 free but upgrade needs 166468
plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 1

Does this mean that the USB I'm using for the OS is too small to run the newer OS?

How big is your flash? Do you already have a lot on it? Very unusual for people to run out of room on flash. Maybe you have a bunch of old logs or something?

Also, how much RAM do you have?

Have you checked the USB is labelled as ‘UNRAID’?    Failure to do so would mean it did not get mounted during startup, and thus startup did not com-let’s successfully.    One way to check is to login on the console and see if the ‘df’ command shows the USB stick mounted as /boot.

Archived