Port Forwards to VM and other stuff

Ebein

I'll apologize at the start this will likely be a long post, and I appreciate anyone taking the time to provide some insight.

Current Config

Ryzen 1800x, 32GB ram, RX550 2GB video, 1x8TB parity drive, 3x8TB drive array, 2x500GB cache pool

Gigabyte AX370 K7 MB ( 2 Ethernet ports )

Rosewill Ethernet card

unRAID Server Pro

I've had an Everquest Emulator(EQemu) server running on a dedicated Win10 system for a few years, and my kids and I play locally ( all on internal IP 192.168.1.x ).

My kids are starting college in the fall but we would still like to continue our adventures.  So I setup unRAID (config above), added a Windows VM, and moved

the server files to the VM ( running on cache pool ).  We are able to play locally still under this configuration.

Next step is to make the VM available externally, Ideally I would like to dedicate one of my 3 Ethernet  ports to the VM, to limit external access to the server.

Im connected to the Internet through an Xfinity modem/ 4 port router then a Netgear 8 port router.

I have connected eth2 to the Xfinity Modem(10.0.0.1), and eth0, eth1 to the Netgear router(192.168.1.1)(bonded).

In order to connect to the EQemu, I need ports 5998, 9000-9001 and 7000-7500 forwarded.

I have tried forwarding the xfinity modem to eth2(10.0.0.200), and forwarding them to the netgear router(192.168.1.1), and then routing them to eth0/eth1(192.168.1.200)

Neither method lets me connect.  the VM is Windows 7 and shows an ip of 192.168.122.x. I have made exceptions for those ports on the firewall, and tried turning the firewall off completely.

I've been using portchecker.co to verify if the ports are open, and so far no luck.

I'm kind of stumped at this point, im new to unRAID and linux, though i used HP-UX for several years and understand the 'basics'.

Any Help would be appreciated

Thanks

With the IP you have, you only have access out from the VM. To access it, you need to enable bridge in Network settings (if I remember correctly), then choose br0 in the VM template. 

Then you should get an IP from the routers DHCP. 

Archived