Usb key gone bad

So I’m in the process of swaping my Lenovo Ts140 into a new case (Rosewill RSV-4000) after swapping everthing over I pluged in my existing USB KEY and nothing.

I tried checking my usb key on multiple computers and its showing no signs of life so I order a new usb key from amazon.

New usb key came and I remember I had originally made a copy of my old usb key and saved it to my computer( I believe I was on 6.3). So I downloaded the newest version of unraid and replaced the config file with my old config folder and added my license key.

I followed the steps to trasfer my old license to the new key.

Heres were I almost messed up.When I go to add my drives to the array I notice its pulling up the wrong drives. I change them to the correct ones( I had taken a screenshot before I swapped the cases). I remember I had removed some drives and replaced them with new ones. Luckily, unraid said there were to many errors and would not let me start the array.

My question is,should I just download a fresh copy and assign all my drives in the same order as my screen shot?

178CA12A-1455-4962-90E3-B58E0E0EFA49.thumb.jpeg.d0ee84a60946d7bd7f94949282d8ff01.jpeg

1 hour ago, sledgebrah said:

My question is,should I just download a fresh copy and assign all my drives in the same order as my screen shot?

Just do a new config (Tools -> New config), reassign all disks, double check all assignments are correct and check "parity is already valid" before starting the array.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Just do a new config (Tools -> New config), reassign all disks, double check all assignments are correct and check "parity is already valid" before starting the array.

Will I not loose all my data that are on my drives?

I was about to that but I saw a post where someone said not to do a “New Config” because it will clear all drives.

Should I delete my old super.dat file since its outdated?

Edited by sledgebrah
2 minutes ago, sledgebrah said:

Will I not loose all my data that are on my drives?

No, unless you assign the wrong drive as parity.

2 minutes ago, sledgebrah said:

I was about to that but I saw a post where someone said not to do a “New Config” because it will clear all drives.

It will clear all assignments, it doesn't touch the data.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

No need, it will be reset when doing the new config.

Thanks Johnnie.black.

One other issue I noticed. When I tired doing a shutdown via GUI, I noticed it would ask me to confirm that I wanted to shut down and then it would do nothing. If I refreshed the page I could still click on other tabs and it was responsive. Any ideas?

24 minutes ago, sledgebrah said:

Should I delete my outdated super.dat file?

If you had done this before booting the first time you would essentially be already doing a New Config.

Some people have lost data because they booted with an old super.dat. If you have reused parity as a data drive but a restored super.dat said that drive was still parity its data would be overwritten with parity. Fortunately for you too much had changed and so your array couldn't start.