Upgrading a Mirrored Parity set, process? (v6.4.1)

Nhatch411

I have an array with 15(3-8TB) data, 2(8TB) Parity (Mirrored), and 2(256GB) Cache Drives (Mirrored), running v6.4.1. 

I've purchased 2 new 10TB drives, with the intent of swapping them with the existing 8TB parity drives. 

Sifting through the forums, I've been able to piece together the process (thanks SSD and others!), however I haven't been able to locate any posts referring to the upgrade process with Mirrored Parity drives.

Any help (or pointers to an appropriate post) would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks All!

Parity drives are not mirrored, you can replace both at the same time, procedure is the same as replacing only one, array will be unprotected during the replacement though, but if you don't do any writes you can use the old parity drives if there are any issues.

24 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

you can replace both at the same time, procedure is the same as replacing only one, array will be unprotected during the replacement though

Or you can replace them one at a time and sync parity for each separately. That way it will have the protection of the other parity while parity syncs on the replacement.

Archived