Unable to install plex linux server. Getting error

neil

Pulling image: linuxserver/plex:latest

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' -e TZ="Asia/Calcutta" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -v '/mnt/user/English Movies/':'/englishmovies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/plex' 

Unable to find image 'linuxserver/plex:latest' locally
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/: dial tcp: lookup registry-1.docker.io on 192.168.1.1:53: read udp 192.168.1.12:60216->192.168.1.1:53: i/o timeout.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

What am I doing wrong. Folowwing spaceinvador videos 

5 hours ago, neil said:

Pulling image: linuxserver/plex:latest

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' -e TZ="Asia/Calcutta" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -v '/mnt/user/English Movies/':'/englishmovies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/plex' 

Unable to find image 'linuxserver/plex:latest' locally
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/: dial tcp: lookup registry-1.docker.io on 192.168.1.1:53: read udp 192.168.1.12:60216->192.168.1.1:53: i/o timeout.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

What am I doing wrong. Folowwing spaceinvador videos 

You'll get better support if you post this in the LSIO Plex docker support forum.  The devs may not see your post here, but, they'll definitely see it in their docker support forum.

2 hours ago, Hoopster said:

You'll get better support if you post this in the LSIO Plex docker support forum.  The devs may not see your post here, but, they'll definitely see it in their docker support forum.

Actually, I am unable to instal any docker app. All are giving the same error so I thought this was not an application issue but something else entirely.

6 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

Have you tried using the official Plex Media Server image? plexinc/pms-docker:latest

getting same error there as well. i can fully access lan network as well as internet as i have installed some plugins before as well. Only problem is the docker apps

14 minutes ago, neil said:

Actually, I am unable to instal any docker app. All are giving the same error so I thought this was not an application issue but something else entirely.

You should probably edit your post and change the title to  "Unable to install any docker; getting error" or something similar so it is clear this is not specific to a particular docker.

Do you have plenty of space left in docker.img?  May not be related to this issue, but, sometimes if you delete docker.img and recreate it, many docker install issues disappear.  Your currently-installed dockers can be easily and quickly reinstalled, retaining current configuration settings, from the previous apps section of Apps.

5 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

You should probably edit your post and change the title to  "Unable to install any docker; getting error" or something similar so it is clear this is not specific to a particular docker.

Do you have plenty of space left in docker.img?  May not be related to this issue, but, sometimes if you delete docker.img and recreate it, many docker install issues disappear.  Your currently-installed dockers can be easily and quickly reinstalled, retaining current configuration settings, from the previous apps section of Apps.

Found the problem. I wrongly mapped dns in unraid to my router ip 192.168.1.1 thinking that unraid will fetch dns settings from the router.

I turned off docker and vm then changed dns to googles dns 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

restarted docker and vms and now plex is downloading as normal :)

Archived