How to make a folder inside a folder?

I'm very new to UnRaid and and new to Linux (windows guy) , but I have a very dumb question to ask, so please accept my sincere apology...

I have installed Plugins. In particular the CA Backup plugin... I created a folder called "backups" (following the UnRaid must have youtube vid.). I'm trying to create 3 folders within the "backups" folder (app data backup, flash drive backup, and libvirt backup). I cannot for the life of me figure out how to create a folder within a folder??? I created the original folder, but cannot go into the created folder to make the 3 folders? I tried right clicking but there are no new folder options like windows. I have 3 different open links options "open link in new tab" "open link in new window", and a "open link in incognito window", a "save link as" option, a "copy link address" option, and a "inspect" option. None of these allow me to create a folder within a folder?

I know its something simple.... What am I doing wrong? LOL, please hold all laughter until after my dumb question is answered...

For many things, just specifying a path will be enough to create the folder. For example, when setting up dockers, it isn't necessary to create the appdata folder for plex before setting up the docker. Just specifying /mnt/cache/appdata/plex for the /config volume mapping will get that folder created.

Probably the same would be true with CA Backup. Have you tried just telling it you want to use a folder under your backups folder, like /mnt/disk1/backup/appdata, for example?

• 9 months later...
On 8/2/2018 at 12:56 PM, trurl said:

For many things, just specifying a path will be enough to create the folder. For example, when setting up dockers, it isn't necessary to create the appdata folder for plex before setting up the docker. Just specifying /mnt/cache/appdata/plex for the /config volume mapping will get that folder created.

Probably the same would be true with CA Backup. Have you tried just telling it you want to use a folder under your backups folder, like /mnt/disk1/backup/appdata, for example?

I've tried this and there is a red error stating that the directory doesn't exist.