cannot reboot

Mlatx

Unraid has been working flawlessly until yesterday.  I had to travel for work, and I usually connect to my iMac to get stuff done.  I did that, and couldn't connect to my unread box.  So when I go home, the hard drives were not spinning.  But I was able to ping the NIC.  So I hooked up a monitor, and it looked normal with the unpaid login prompt, unraid login.  So I did that, and nothing happened.  I had to do an unclean shutdown.  Upon boot up, it ran a parity check and was working.  I thought I would upgrade to the latest 6.5.3.  After a reboot, the same thing happened more or less.  I was not able to access unraid from a browser at unraid.local. So I connected the monitor again.  This time the login said tower login.  At least it didn't freeze this time, and I was able to issue a poweroff command.  The system shutdown.  I rebooted it, and it's running again.

It seems I'm having some sort of reboot issue (I assume something happened while I was away to cause a reboot).  How can I troubleshoot this to figure out what the issue is?

I’m seriously having some issue.  Unraid went down again.  Same scenario I mentioned in my opening.  Unraid is unresponsive . I’m connecting to my imac remotely and cannot enter web interface. I can ping but no junraid. Is my USB screwed? I get no errors on powerup. Where can I check diagnostics?

2 hours ago, Mlatx said:

Where can I check diagnostics?

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/37579-need-help-read-me-first/

f networking is not working (and you have unRAID v6.0-rc4 or later), then if you can login at the console command prompt, you can type diagnostics, and you will get the same diagnostics.zip file in the /boot/logs folder.  You can then shut down with powerdown and take the flash drive to another computer.

Hook a keyboard, mouse and monitor to your unraid tower.  power it on and choose to use the GUI boot option.  This will boot you into the web interface from the unraid tower.  Then take a look at your Tools -> System log

That may show some hardware issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived