Drive Faluty

I am troubleshooting an unraid system for a friend.

Drive 4 is showing Faulty.  Why?  it is showing good SMART indicators and it feels like it spins up.  I have placed this in a linux system and was able to successfully mount the file system.

Attached is a picture of the Dashboard

Yes I do have other drives showing problems.  but I need to tackle one problem at a time.

Thanks for your help

Sincerely,

Sideband Samurai

ScreenHunter_13 Oct. 04 16.27.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/29/2018 at 8:39 AM, trurl said:

Be sure to setup Notifications to send you an alert by email or other agent so in the future you will only have one problem at a time.

Thanks for this, unfortunately this is a server I am fixing for a friend.  I helped him set this up and he started having issues.  It sits in my closet until he can get replacement drives to repair the array.

5 hours ago, SidebandSamurai said:

Thanks for this, unfortunately this is a server I am fixing for a friend.  I helped him set this up and he started having issues.  It sits in my closet until he can get replacement drives to repair the array.

Doesn't alter my point about Notifications. Somebody needs to know and act on a problem when it arises to

On 10/4/2018 at 7:31 PM, SidebandSamurai said:

tackle one problem at a time

Multiple problems can lead to lost data.

And I notice nobody has mentioned backups, so I will. You (or they) must have another copy of anything important and irreplaceable.

On 1/20/2019 at 4:50 AM, trurl said:

Doesn't alter my point about Notifications. Somebody needs to know and act on a problem when it arises to

Multiple problems can lead to lost data.

And I notice nobody has mentioned backups, so I will. You (or they) must have another copy of anything important and irreplaceable.

Fortunately nothing here is irreplaceable. This is a media server with all his DVDs on it.  we can always rebuild it from scratch if we need to.