Docker From Docker HUB

Dogy007

I am new to docker and containers and such, however not all containers i would like to use are ready to use with unraid via the community applications.
I am very interested on how to setup my own dockers via UnRAID.
I tried to get "traefik" to run on UnRAID. I have enabled ca Docker Hub so i can find them in the apps tab. I Pulled the image i wanted and edited the file on how i thought it needs to be...  However several problems and questions appeared.
1. Do All Containers use /config ? Or which directory need to be mapped to the unraid appdata folder?
2. Why do i only see "Host Port" when setting up ports for my docker? (See Picture)

3. The Traefik Docker Documentation mentions  .toml and .yml files. Do all dockers use these? (How do i work with those?)
4. Can i Compose on Unraid directly? Or should i use a vm with docker to compose? (What exatctly does compose?)
5. Is there maybe already a documentation which could help me out? (Of course i already visited several forums, but didn't find the desired answers)
6. My Traefik Docker throws this error (OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: container_linux.go:348: starting container process caused "exec: \"sh\": executable file not found in $PATH": unknown) when i try to connect to his console? (Does someone know what i did wrong?)

All Help is appriciated, all Helpfull links will be visited :D

Greetings

Dogy007

unraid Problem.PNG

9 minutes ago, Dogy007 said:

Do All Containers use /config

No.  Depends upon what the author of the container set up.

9 minutes ago, Dogy007 said:

Or which directory need to be mapped to the unraid appdata folder?

Depends upon the container.  You've got to read the directions on the dockerHub page and/or guess.

11 minutes ago, Dogy007 said:

Why do i only see "Host Port" when setting up ports for my docker? (See Picture)

Something's not right there.  What version of unRaid?

11 minutes ago, Dogy007 said:

Can i Compose on Unraid directly? Or should i use a vm with docker to compose? (What exatctly does compose?)

Docker Compose (it uses .yaml files) is basically a text only GUI for docker containers.  IMO dockerMan (unRaid) is far better.

On 10/21/2018 at 6:54 PM, Squid said:

What version of unRaid?

Docker Compose (it uses .yaml files) is basically a text only GUI for docker containers.  IMO dockerMan (unRaid) is far better.

As stated above. Version 6.6.1, but i figured out, if i edit the docker container in "bridged" mode. it works. As soon as i enter the custom docker network "myProxyNetwork"  the container port disappears.

Archived