New Guest Blog: Setting Up An Automated Media Encoding Server

On 2/2/2019 at 1:56 PM, spx404 said:

Negative.  WD Reds comprise the array.  There is a 1TB NVME drive as the cache drive.  The watch folders are set to use cache, this way when pushing data to the server we can achieve up to 1GB/s.

didn't see it in the post, so let me just recommend getting hardware acceleration using Intel QSV going, decreased the transcoding time by factors of 10+ for me.

• Upvote 1
On 2/5/2019 at 1:57 AM, drdebian said:

didn't see it in the post, so let me just recommend getting hardware acceleration using Intel QSV going, decreased the transcoding time by factors of 10+ for me.

Nice!  I’ll keep it in mind.  Now that the linuxserver team has released the Nvidia GPU plugin for all dockers.  I may try using gpu transcoding in the future.  If that’s even possible.

Edited by spx404
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, spx404 said:

Nice!  I’ll keep it in mind.  Now that the linuxserver team has released the Nvidia GOU plugin for alll dockets.  I may try using gpu transcoding in the future.  If that’s even possible.

Nvidia GPU transcoding is the whole reason we did the plugin, all the ls.io team members have been using it since the New Year, works fine as long as your card has the relevant capabilities.

2 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Nvidia GPU transcoding is the whole reason we did the plugin, all the ls.io team members have been using it since the New Year, works fine as long as your card has the relevant capabilities.

Yeah buddy.  Just need to figure out how to get it to work with Handbrake.  Pretty awesome stuff!

• 2 years later...

Does your current setup support renaming files? I have a setup where I rsync my camera files from the sony camera SD card to a backup folder, but the sony camera choses to name the video files as 0001-0002 etc, If I wipe the card and record new footage rsync would just overwrite existing backup. Have you faced this problem? 

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2021 at 1:54 PM, BoKKeR said:

Does your current setup support renaming files? I have a setup where I rsync my camera files from the sony camera SD card to a backup folder, but the sony camera choses to name the video files as 0001-0002 etc, If I wipe the card and record new footage rsync would just overwrite existing backup. Have you faced this problem? 

I have not experienced this.  The filenames generated by the camera are always unique.  I'm not sure what the best approach would be here but I think my first stab at the problem would be to have a script that appends the date to the filename that camera generates.  Or stick everything in a unique folder first.