asus z370-a prime mobo w/ vt-d on shows HVM as disabled in unraid

Anyone know how to make this work?

Are there any other features I need to enable to get virtual machines to work in unraid? Motherboard and 8700k chip both support this, but when turned on in bios, UnRaid reports that the hardware does not support this.

asus z370-a prime mobo

Intel 8700k 6 core

vt-d = on

This all started when struggling to get my GeForce GTX 1080 Ti to pass through to the Windows 10 VM. I tried every trick on the internet, but nothing works. During another 'grasping at straws' attempt before breaking out the sledgehammer, i updated my bios to the latest and then turned vt-d back on.

Now UnRaid claims that HMV is 'disabled' or unsupported by the hardware when I know for a fact that is untrue.

I then rolled back the bios, installing the previous most-recent bios

I did that 4 more mother-loving times, each time having to go through the bios turning vt-d back on, still to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas, or do I just ditch UnRaid and go bare metal?

I think that Unraid just goes by what the Bios reports as far as vt-d support being available.

If you have other software that reports differently it could be worth mentioning what it is in case there is something wrong with the way that Unraid is querying the Bios level for vt-d support. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for pointing me in the right direction!

Yup, I feel like an idiot. 😀 

I did have vt-d turned on in the motherboard settings, but there is ANOTHER switch hidden in the CPU settings. Unlike the nested pages used everywhere else, this page scrolls. 

From a UX point of view, the UI should group these extras into another page like everywhere else.  Better yet, group all VM settings into one area.