Drive Order and Array

z00100

I have a makeshift Unraid Server right now that has the following:

Deepcool Case (Mid Tower)

Athlon 200GE

Gigabyte B450M DS3H 

16GB RAM

4 HDD's in total with 1 Parity drive.  

I have 3 more drives waiting to be added to the array however the case doesn't have any space in it.  So I went ahead and bought a Rosewill RSV-L4000 - 4U Rackmount Server Case.  The case will be delivered today and I plan to move all my parts from the Deepcool case to the Rosewill case.  

My question is that in the event I change the "order" of the drives in the array, will that cause any issues?  The Rosewill case will have a Vantec Hotswap Drive cage (4 Drives) that I will use, so I want to make sure that the downtime is as minimal as possible.

Thanks for the help!

When you boot up in the new case it will still have the same disks in the slot you originally assigned them. If you're asking does it matter where in the case they are its up to you.

If you do reassigned the slots in the webgui you will have issues.

Just now, ijuarez said:

When you boot up in the new case it will still have the same disks in the slot you originally assigned them. If you're asking does it matter where in the case they are its up to you.

If you do reassigned the slots in the webgui you will have issues.

Well, what I mean is that:

Let's say that 

SDA = SATA PORT 1

SDB = SATA PORT 2

SDC = SATA PORT 3

SDD = SATA PORT 4

After migrating to the new case, what if my config is:

SDA = SATA PORT 3

SDB = SATA PORT 2

SDC = SATA PORT 4

SDD = SATA PORT 1

Will UNRAID automagically figure it out or will I have to go back to the console and make sure that the drive order/allocation is identical?

Thanks!

Archived